Disgusted with Frogpool manor .com

Olliecp77

Visit site
Link below is the (very dull but maybe handy) distance selling directive. When you purchase goods via phone/net you do not have the chance to inspect them first therefore you have different rights (IIRC). An example of this would be sending returns back free of charge/postage and replacements being sent out free of postage - I often hear ppl saying about the great service of xyz as they got postage refunded etc however it is my view that this is compulsory due to the Distance selling directive as you don't have the chance to try something on etc. See the paragraph 14 below, very legal eagle wording - maybe google a dummies guide to the distance selling directive to be armed with more detail for your complaint letter (sorry this is knowledge from a good few years ago and not remembering the full detail hence the mumbly explanation).

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31997L0007:EN:NOT

(14) Whereas the consumer is not able actually to see the product or ascertain the nature of the service provided before concluding the contract; whereas provision should be made, unless otherwise specified in this Directive, for a right of withdrawal from the contract; whereas, if this right is to be more than formal, the costs, if any, borne by the consumer when exercising the right of withdrawal must be limited to the direct costs for returning the goods; whereas this right of withdrawal shall be without prejudice to the consumer's rights under national laws, with particular regard to the receipt of damaged products and services or of products and services not corresponding to the description given in the offer of such products or services; whereas it is for the Member States to determine the other conditions and arrangements following exercise of the right of withdrawal;

Olliecp77

Visit site
Or I could have just opened the links an earlier poster sent and they look really helpful - ignore the mumbo jumbo above as those other links are more straight forward :s

brigantia

Visit site
I think some people upthread have already suggested it, but I would phone Consumer Direct and ask their advice:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dir...Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

They helped us get refunds in the past. You phone them up and they'll dictate a letter to you over the phone that you send to your credit card company (if you paid Frogpool Manor by credit card) and then your credit card company is legally obliged to refund your money.

We've found Consumer Direct to be very helpful! Good luck! :)

StableMum

Visit site
Just been to bank, no help at all! Not going to let it drop, they advised me to go to trading standards. I will keep the parcel wrapping as proof that the parcel was not sealed and see what they have to say about it!

Don't let the Bank get away with fobbing you off. This is what Which say about it:

"Chargeback troubleshooting
If you have any trouble when putting in a claim to your credit or debit card provider, try asking to speak to a supervisor. Chargeback is less well-known than section 75, and some bank staff may not be aware of this rule.

If your card provider rejects your chargeback claim, you can take your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of your final correspondence."

unicornleather

Visit site
Frogpool used to be good when I used to go into their workshop to see them but I must admit, I haven't been back since they were sold to Speedgate, does anyone know if the same staff/saddlers are still there or were they "retired" when they were taken over?
Oz :)

Herpesas

Visit site
So, before you sign for a parcel you have to open it and check all goods are present? What happens if you don't personally sign for the parcel - ie. I have items delivered to work and our reception area will sign for it without opening it.

Also, unless you did open it before you signed for it, how were you to know that they weren't being sent seperately (as Derby House often do even though they are ordered and dispatched at the same time).

I would send an email to Frogpool making it clear this is a complaint and that, if it is not dealt with satisfactorily, you will be contacting Trading Standards and pursuing a refund for the goods not received.

KVH

Visit site
Frogpool used to be good when I used to go into their workshop to see them but I must admit, I haven't been back since they were sold to Speedgate, does anyone know if the same staff/saddlers are still there or were they "retired" when they were taken over?

As far as I'm aware the staff are the same and David Dyer is still the saddler.

onemoretime

Visit site
Try ringing Ashley Hollands on this number 01474 872313 he is the Managing Director. Dont be fobbed off by any of the girls who answer the phone make sure it is him you speak to.

liveryblues

Visit site
Thank you onemoretime and everyone else for your helpful advice! I have since found out bank was wrong in telling me I couldnt chargeback... bl**dy bank! I will speak to frogpool again on tues. I phoned roya lmail & they were very surprised that they had all ready given a firm no to accepting responsibility. He said a claim form would have to be filled out by frogpool and it usually takes a week to 10 days! Its not possible they could have had an answer without this!

Maiko

Visit site
Sadly I am not surprised by this thread. I live close to both Frogpool AND Speedgate, and yet I drive past BOTH of them in order to go across the water to Ingatestone in Essex. Massive range of stock, much much better than FP or Speedgate, very good customer service, and a decent coffee shop that doesn't charge you a small fortune for lunch and a cup of tea (both FP and SG over-charge horrifically in their coffee shops / restaurants).

Frogpool used to have a lot of stock in the saddlery bit upstairs, but when you go in there now, it's pathetic, hardly any stock in comparison to when they were independent, and with so much more room, you would have thought they could have displayed things better instead of ramming them all in to small shelves. It's a real shame, lots of people I know won't shop there now.

liveryblues

Visit site
Hi all, Just wanted to update... I phoned Ashley Holland this morning(speedgate) but he wasnt there, I spoke to a chap called James who was very helpful. He took all the details again & said someone would phone me. Within an hour Tom Young from Frogpool ( manager I think?) rang, He was very professional and after some discussion to confirm the information he had received, he was happy to offer a solution. He offered to send 2 pairs of replacement breeches to any address of my choosing or alternatively refund the lost items.
Very relived to have the matter swiftly dealt with.
I can breath a huge sigh of relief at not having the hassle of chasing this up or being out of pocket.
On this occasion... a BIG thank you to Tom at frogpool.

RuthnMeg

Visit site
Hi all, Just wanted to update... I phoned Ashley Holland this morning(speedgate) but he wasnt there, I spoke to a chap called James who was very helpful. He took all the details again & said someone would phone me. Within an hour Tom Young from Frogpool ( manager I think?) rang, He was very professional and after some discussion to confirm the information he had received, he was happy to offer a solution. He offered to send 2 pairs of replacement breeches to any address of my choosing or alternatively refund the lost items.
Very relived to have the matter swiftly dealt with.
I can breath a huge sigh of relief at not having the hassle of chasing this up or being out of pocket.
On this occasion... a BIG thank you to Tom at frogpool.

Brilliant outcome, well done to you. If only all companies could be so nice....

Ladylina83

Visit site
Thank you KVH

OP-So glad you got it sorted, no saddlery likes bad press!

Especially on such a high footfall forum like HHo - a forced to be reconed with !!

I mean what are you supposed to do at the post office ?? Oh sorry mr Postman this parcel isn't right there are things missing I paid for 3 not 1 you see so I'm going to leave the one I actually have here with you - thanks ...bye Really ??

CBFan

Visit site
Glad you got the outcome you wanted in the end! It always pays to talk to someone as high up as possible.

The bottom line was that you didn't recieve the goods you paid for. The fact that there is a piece of paper in the package saying that 3 pairs of breeches were paid for is not proof that there are 3 pairs of breeches in the package. It sounds like an error on their part (by the way you describe the sealing of the package)... maybe the person packing got called away / distracted and the package got sealed earlier than intended or by mistake before the contents were checked... the fact that the person who answered your phonecall initially wasn't even prepared to look into the matter isn't very good though...