Disposal - Knackerman?

Benjamin

www.freewebs.com
Hi there,
Morbid post from me I'm afraid.

Can anyone give me names/numbers/recommendations for horse disposal in Essex?

Just the body, not the actual deed.

I used Resting Pets for Rudy, who were recommended by my vet, just looking around for other options at the moment.

Thanks

Faro

Visit site
I recently used Grafton Equine Bereavement - I think they're based Northampton Way, but in my case, it was all arranged by my vet (with my consent of course). I was happy to go along with the vet's recommendations rather than to try and sort it out for myself at a time when I was so upset. Anyway, Grafton provided an excellent (cremation) service and I would recommend then.

McNally

Visit site
I cant help with the actual question sorry as am in the wrong area but just wanted to say we recently used the hunt who came in a lovely clean lorry the driver was kind and patient and wore a tie (i dont know why but that made me feel better)
I am just saying this as the guilt i felt about her going to the hunt was unbearable- the drugs in her system ment they cremated her not give her to the hounds and i was happy with this. You dont have to spend a fortune.
Its a very sad thing to arrange and i was lucky my y/o did the phoning for me.
I am thinking of you at this time xxx

cbmcts

Visit site
http://www.wmartinandson.co.uk/index.html

Martins - I can't recommend then enough - they are very practical but kind at the same time - they've even made a special trip out on late Christmas Eve when the vet was caught up at another emergency.

I've always used then for PTS (bullet) as well as removal and they are very skillful and respectful.

Pricewise they were £175 for pts and removal - no ashes back. (last year)

A few years ago it was £350ish for pts for a horse that was full of drugs.

I've heard that it is around the £700+ mark to have the ashes back in a lovely casket.

So sorry that you might have to make this decision....

honetpot

Visit site
I enquired last year about shooting in the field which was £80 done by the hunt. An other hunt will only do it if they take it there
A couple of years ago I pony (11.2) I had died on loan Essex way and it cost around £300to dispose of it. They took credit cards.