Dissertation Questionnaire - PLEASE help (will only take 5 mins!)

lynds81

Visit site
Firstly.. Thank you all for the responses! I'm amazed by the number of people who have taken the time to fill it in :)

done. getting people to fill in questionnaires is abysmal so you seem to be doing well.

I´m with Rhino though, never seen a survey design that´s asked me to describe myself as being from the West of the UK (I´m Welsh). If the geographic location of the participant is important then this descriptive terminology is a bit inaccurate.

Also, if your horses are on full livery then surely you would be responsible for looking after 0 horses?

Don´t mean to criticise but you may want to point these things out when discussing the limitations of your design.
Good Luck

Thanks - its interesting to get feedback on it. The location isn't relevant to the actual research in any other way than to ensure that I didn't just get information from all my friends in one small area, but I completely see your (and Rhino's) point. Will definitely mention that one!

I think one of the biggest points is that at times I have tried to shorten the amount of questions (perhaps too much!) as I didn't want to take up too much of people's time. Definitely something that I will talk about in my dissertation; my supervisor wanted me to condense it even further so it's interesting to have had feedback from a couple of people that perhaps there were things missing...

Done. Hope it goes well. Will you be letting us know the results? I'd be interested to see what you find.

Will try and post a link/copy on my website when it's finished, or at least a summary of what I find.... Should be sometime in May!

I felt there was room for further questioning. I would have liked to comment on certain questions,eg why I consider nutritional analysis usualy a waste of time.Also questions were asked which involved forrage storage yet no questions regarding bale sizes . I would have found that interesting . \i would also be interested inhow people determine total Dry matter intake ,or even if they are aware of the subject. All in all, a very worthwhile subject for study though . Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback.. I was trying to strike a balance between getting all the information I need and not boring people to tears with endless questions! I completely take on board your comments though, they will certainly be points to note for further expansion!

dollyanna

Visit site
Did you see my post about one of the questions not functioning properly? I'd like to fill it in and also share it for you but I know most of my friends would be "other" as well because they are drivers.

lynds81

Visit site
Did you see my post about one of the questions not functioning properly? I'd like to fill it in and also share it for you but I know most of my friends would be "other" as well because they are drivers.

Hi Dollyanna,

Thanks for your response; I did see your post and I've now altered it slightly so that that question is not compulsory, so if you complete 'other' it should just let you move on to the next questions :)

Also, in relation to the points about Scotland and Wales; I've now edited it to say Scotland / North and Wales / West...

Thank you!