DIY / Assisted / Part Livery Northampton

SS.89

Visit site
Hi all! Been a while ...

Due to a change in circumstance I may have to move my gelding off my current yard in Northampton to somewhere a bit cheaper as I'm currently paying nearly £400 alone for just part livery.

I'm looking through the Internet day and night and can't seem to find anything :(

Stable would be ideal and school is a must but the grazing is most important.

Does anyone know of anywhere in or around Northampton? Doesn't have to be a swanky yard and would be more than happy to help with yard duties.

Preferably eastern areas however not too fussed as long as the drive isn't too far!

Thanks all.

Leo Walker

Visit site
This is my current area of expertise! PM me if its easier, but where do you know about and where have you looked?

Mines currently at a yard in Harpole that I found through my physio. I think a lot of them dont advertise and definitely dont have a web presence! And sadly the really good ones have waiting lists. But I can definitely tell you where not to go!

Leo Walker

Visit site
And if you do let me know tonight I'm seeing my physio tomorrow and she knows all sorts of places that no one else seems to know about :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've got 2 friends at New Tunnel Hill and they love it. Its not the smartest yard and can get a bit muddy in winter, but most people seem happy there and I seriously considered it, but they turn out in huge fields and my fat cob would have disappeared never to be seen again!

EJJ999

Visit site
FrankieCob are you only expert in Northampton yards? Or can I pick your brains for yards closer to Wellingborough?

EJJ999

Visit site
If its not too much trouble. Would like individual grazing and must have a floodlit school. I don't want to end up on a bitche yard. Thank you.

Tashy

Visit site
This is my current area of expertise! PM me if its easier, but where do you know about and where have you looked?

Mines currently at a yard in Harpole that I found through my physio. I think a lot of them dont advertise and definitely dont have a web presence! And sadly the really good ones have waiting lists. But I can definitely tell you where not to go!

Sorry to tag on to this thread but....
Please my you help me, I am currently looking for any where in NN7, NN6. If you could PM me with any details I would be so great full, I heard there is Forest lodge but no clue where it is or number, Manor farm in stoke Goldington again no number or post code, I don't know any in Harpole. I need telephone numbers and addresses if you can. I would be so very grateful for any information, I am looking for D.I.Y or assisted.

Tashy

Visit site
Can't pm you for sone reason is wellingbough to far from you ?

Depends really, some of them are a bit far as I am in the nn4 region so don't wish to travel more then 8 to 10 miles at a push please let me know all the same as there just isn't ANYTHING available. I will try to Pm you!

Tashy

Visit site
Not yet, thanks for your help though. I am desperately trying to look at yards closer to me first as I won't always have transport so will be cycling over at times, need to try and save my little legs! Lol

Mongoose11

Visit site
What about John Hope at Grendon, it is run by my YO. Ours doesn't have any space but I think that Grendon does and I believe it's NN7. I could ask for you? Services available, decent school with lights and good hacking straight off the yard.

Last edited:

Tashy

Visit site
What about John Hope at Grendon, it is run by my YO. Ours doesn't have any space but I think that Grendon does and I believe it's NN7. I could ask for you? Services available, decent school with lights and good hacking straight off the yard.

That would be so great, thanks!

poodle lover

New User
Visit site
Hi FrankieCob, I have just posted for a yard 7 - 10 boxes in Northamptonshire. Would you happen to know of anything please?

Fingers crossed

Leo Walker

Visit site
no sorry. I've got a friend who has been looking for at least a year now and has found nothing. I dont think yards come up very often, and neither do spaces on good yards!

poodle lover

New User
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I have found a few yards but only a few spaces. I am keeping 7 on 2 bare acres and its costing a fortune in haylege. No grass left for winter! If anything comes up please give me a shout. Cheers

poodle lover

New User
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I have found a few yards but only a few spaces. I am keeping 7 on 2 bare acres and its costing a fortune in haylege. No grass left for winter! If anything comes up please give me a shout. Cheers