DIY lighting for outdoor arenas...

impresario08

Visit site
oh yes, the nights are drawing in already. Who has cracked the problem of no lights for their outdoor school and no mains power for electricity....?

(without buying and installing them permanently, obviously haha)

OldieButGoodie

Visit site
I found a thread a while back on someone using floodlights attached to 12v batteries via an inverter. I looked into it for illuminating my fields for bringing the horses in but it didn't seem viable as floodlights use an immense amount of power so I'd be swapping out the battery on a daily basis. Or so it seemed. Still considering it though!

Annagain

Visit site
http://www.screwfix.com/p/diall-led...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CL2JqYjQ_NUCFYeiUQodk_gN5A

I use one of these to top up the fairly feeble floodlight we have that only manages to light 1/2 the school. That's at the A end and one does a pretty good job of providing enough light for the C end but maybe I underestimate the flood light. I'd try two and you could always add another one or two if needs be. I just rest it on the fence posts but you can get more expensive ones on stands.

Beth206

Visit site
^^ I also have one of these as we have no electricity at all on our yard, we are out in the sticks too so it is pretty dark sometimes.

Definitely recommend, they are bright, I find the battery lasts a fairly long time and you can stand them anywhere

Annagain

Visit site
I've never noticed a problem. I have it pointing slightly downwards, figuring we need to see where we're putting our feet rather than worrying about eyes!

Dubsie

Visit site
http://www.screwfix.com/p/diall-led...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CL2JqYjQ_NUCFYeiUQodk_gN5A

I use one of these to top up the fairly feeble floodlight we have that only manages to light 1/2 the school. That's at the A end and one does a pretty good job of providing enough light for the C end but maybe I underestimate the flood light. I'd try two and you could always add another one or two if needs be. I just rest it on the fence posts but you can get more expensive ones on stands.

The 23W one is a tenner more but noticeably much better. I'm sure they've added a £10 to thse lights since last year (must be because they're popular)