DIY livery yards Apsley/Hemel Hempstead

Hollyyyr94

New User
Visit site
Hiya,

I’ve recently moved to Apsley, by the marina, and I’m struggling to find any DIY livery yards around. Does anyone know of any hidden treasures that aren’t a million miles away?
Bonus would be for website/Facebook pages I can have a look at :)
Thank you!

Wonderlander

Visit site
There is a lovely yard called Kims Equestrian and there are lots around Gaddesden but they aren't really on facebook. I think you'd be better off driving up there and popping in.

Further out in St Albans you have Smug Oak, Noke Farm, Hedges Farm and Chiswell Green. There are several more but they are mostly part livery upwards.

Good luck :)

Raff

New User
Visit site
Hiya,

I’ve recently moved to Apsley, by the marina, and I’m struggling to find any DIY livery yards around. Does anyone know of any hidden treasures that aren’t a million miles away?
Bonus would be for website/Facebook pages I can have a look at :)
Thank you!
What, specifically are you looking for?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Apsley is teeny, not sure there are any yards actually in Apsley. On the Bedmond Road, between Watford and Hemel, there are several yards, by the dairy, they look quite basic, but I think the hacking is good. Not sure there are Facebook pages, but if you get on Hertfordshire Horse Riders on Facebook, you’ll get loads of answers, it’s very busy as a group.

There’s something topia, Equitopia? Also on the Bedmond Road between Hemel and Watford. I think it’s fairly high end. Probably the wrong side of the A41 for you. It’s competition livery, dunno if they do diy. https://www.facebook.com/equitopia.club/

If you say what sort of livery you want, people can probably be more specific.

Julia0803

Visit site
I’d look towards Bovingdon/Kings Langley and out towards sarratt and Chipperfield.

There’s one in Kings Langley ‘in the dip’ between Kings and Chipperfield. I think the owner is called Jill. There’s Balls pond farm just by the M25 bridge. The lady who runs that also runs the tack shop based there, Herts Tack Shack I think... I think she’s called Donna.

Those would be about 10 min from home I think, without traffic. The traffic between Apsley and Kings can get chokka at evening rush hour and it could take a lot longer.

There’s two counties Eq in Bovingdon. They have a Facebook page. There are a few in Chipperfield/Sarratt.

sport horse

Visit site
Two Counties Equestrian in Whelpley Hill - excellent hacking, small indoor school and venue for our riding club events - Breakspear Riding Club. Bury Farm Bovingdon. Lots of yards in Flaunden/Chipperfield area and pretty good hacking. Not too sure of yards other side of the A41 valley - Leversotck Green/Bedmond.

Get onto Facebook - Hertfordshire Horse Riders, Everything Equine Herts, Beds & Bucks, Bucks Horse Riders. I am sure you will get loads of advice. Then join us Breakspear Riding Club!!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Balls Pond Farm looks very easy going. Donna is the lady who runs the Tak Shak, got my purple trugs there at the weekend. I can give you her number if you want, she has it on the Herts horse page. Just down from that is Kings Langley Riding School, dunno if they do diy livery. They’re both on Chipperfiled road, turn right up Vicarage Road before the butchers/row of shops in Kings Langley village.

It’s literally 10 mins from you as Julia said. Left out of the marina, drive past Sainsbury, over the roundabout past the Miller and Carter on the right. Probably the closest to you by miles!