DIY Livery yards in/around Bury St Edmunds

HBroom

Visit site
Hello,

I am looking into moving to Bury St Edmunds around June time and am hoping someone could recommened a DIY Livery yard for me to check out.

Preferences;
•DIY with services if needed
•24/7/365 grazing, track or pasture, but I know this type of yard is a very rare breed, so will also be happy with 24/7 summer and everyday winter turnout
•Herd turnout or with at least one other horse
•Great hacking is a must
•Facilities i.e. menage would be an added bonus but not a necessity

I've found Lower Farm Livery in Saxham, Gt Horringer Hall Livery in Bury and High House Farm in Stowmarket myself but wondering if anyone has good/bad reviews of them and if they would suit my needs?

Thank you in advance and sorry if I am asking the impossible!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
cant tell you any details but there is a yard on the road which goes to bury from haverhill, i think its the A143 and its about 5 mins drive from west suffolk hospital. it would be on the right if you are coming from bury and it advertises diy livery. sorry dont know anyone there but may be worth a visit..

Doris68

Visit site
Sorry I can't help with your livery but just to say that Stowmarket is a fair way from BSE and if it's the yard I think it is, it's in quite an out-of-the-way spot! You could try going on All things horsey Suffolk or BSE FB pages. Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

SpringArising

Visit site
I have not yet no. Worlington is where we hope to move to, so if it's reasonably close to there then that would be great if you could. Thank you!

Sorry, I've just seen that you wanted DIY only. The place I know of only offers part or full, however it's very reasonable (around 220/month). They don't have a school but the hacking is great and you get a stable for that price.

It's 30 mins from Worlington so not sure if that's too far?

HBroom

Visit site
Sorry, I've just seen that you wanted DIY only. The place I know of only offers part or full, however it's very reasonable (around 220/month). They don't have a school but the hacking is great and you get a stable for that price.

It's 30 mins from Worlington so not sure if that's too far?

What is the name of the yard? I'll have a look to see what their part livery includes. As long as there is good hacking, I don't mind about a school 😊