DIY Livery yards in Nottingham??

Odd Socks

Visit site
I'm looking to move to Nottingham in the summer and don't know the area AT ALL!

Could anyone please reccommend a DIY livery preferably no more than £25 per week and with ménage?

Kiwi fruit and bananas on offer I'm afraid as I'm on a diet :(

Odd Socks

Visit site
bump for the afternoon/ evening HHOers. Alternatively, does anyone know of any nottingham based facebook groups that might provide me with more options?

dilbert

Visit site
How far are you wanting to travel? Someone on my yard is from Beeston and we are in South Notts.....quite a few yards around Bunny, Gotham, Clifton that would be doable?

Odd Socks

Visit site
I have no idea how far that is but could you give me some more details on what sort of facilities they have and what the turnout is? thanks xx

ajn1610

Visit site
I was at Uni in Kegworth, there's loads of little yards on Farms around there or used to be when I was there which was admittedly a long time ago (2002)! I was at Long Lane it was a nice yard.

barehoofhannah

Ohh if you want absolutely no facilities for you but massive 15 acre hillside field and two large shelters and are without shoes then my pony is in Bramcote next to the tennis courts and park.

If you interested email me and I'll send you the leaflet; hannah@barefootchampions.co.uk

You can't really hack out from it, although the girls do but the hillside and all the natural stuff is great for the horses. There are five geldings there.

Best of luck sourcing somewhere, Hannah

Hannah

savia

Visit site
Kimberley is near to Beeston, so you could check out Blant's farm, up Swingate.
Got a couple of nos. for him if you'd like them.:D

Odd Socks

Visit site
Wow thank you everyone for your replies.

The hillside doesn't sound quite right for us as I'm in the process of retraining so need a ménage or somewhere to school and jump.

And no, I'm not expecting hay/straw to be included.

And yes please, pm me any contact details for yards you recommend.

Thank you so much for your help so far xx

barehoofhannah

It does have a paddocked ménage, but not proper, but works for me as my cob not really a ménage pony, although was on a classical dressage course last week so who knows! Nigel Cottons farm just off the M1 J25 was where I was before, that's a larger yard; toilet, ménage, off road riding field, can ride out (although you need to go over a bridge to farm which goes over motorway) £80-£90 a month I think, for turnout and stable.

Good luck I found so stressful finding somewhere but I know some people move horses no problem.

Hannah