DIY livery

lauraandjack

Visit site
£110 a month. Stable and grazing, plus haylage. Indoor school with lights. Showjump field and schooling field when dry enough. Some xc jumps and can ride round farm fields. Secure tackroom and parking for horsebox/trailer.

Jesstickle

Visit site
£80 a month. Floodlit outdoor with lovely rubber surface. Stable, all year turnout (although not 24hrs in winter) storage for hay etc. Lockable tack room. Trailer parking. Full set of showjumps (in fact more like two as we have poly jumps left in the school all year round as well as our proper wooden ones we can get out) Hacking is rubbish though and our fences need redoing and we DIY everything including drain unblocking etc. Adds to the fun though IMO :)

I am about 5 mins outside Cambridge for reference as I expect those in the north pay less than me! Around here that's a pretty good price.

dibbin

Visit site
£140/month for stable, grazing, use of arenas (one indoor, one outdoor, both lit) and 3,500 acres of off-road hacking.

In winter we pay an extra £60/month for hay/haylage and one bag of bedding per week (can buy extra at £6.50/bag).

zoelouisem

Visit site
I pay 180 per calender month, thats for stable, as much hay as i want, outdoor floodlit school, jumpinh paddock, riding track, 24 hour turnout in the summer, all day in the winter, feeding and haynets in the morning. A very large tackroom at the back of each stable. And im within 10 minutes hacking from Windsor Great park.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I pay 180 per calender month, thats for stable, as much hay as i want, outdoor floodlit school, jumpinh paddock, riding track, 24 hour turnout in the summer, all day in the winter, feeding and haynets in the morning. A very large tackroom at the back of each stable. And im within 10 minutes hacking from Windsor Great park.

Ooo. Where are you? I come from Barnes but my brother lived in Virginia Waters for ages. It's nice down there :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I used to pay £48 per month, per horse at a local farm. This was for a stable plus turnout (could stay out 24/7 if I wanted all year), we could ride in an unused field and use their jumps. Hay and straw were not included but could be bought from the farmer at a very good price. I left in february this year when I moved away from the area.

kez1001

Visit site
i pay £40 a week in winter this includes ad lib haylage £30 in summer when they are out 24/7.

we have lovely outdoor arena, loads of great hacking, nice big stables with rubber matting and automatic drinkers. all year round turnout in well managed fields, also have hard standing pens for wet days in the winter. only just moved here two weeks ago and i love it!

Chellebean

chellebeanequestrian.com
my yard is £36 a week with turnout, stable, haylage ad lib, straw, outdoor school, xc course, miles of hacking including a national trust house. We also have a brill yard owner who is a McTimmothy back person and very patient :)(additional charge for treatment tho) Brill grazing too. oh and tack room

bigboyrocky

Visit site
£113pcm + £20 adlib hay per month if required. Then if we need YO's to do anything they charge £7/hour :) Facillities wise we have a small floodlit outdoor school (30x15 - i only lunge my boy in there, but ride smaller horses in there) jumping field (which i school in in the summer) amazing hacking, all over the woods, mile and a half long grass gallops which are lush, horsewalker being built.. love it! Also work for him sometimes, and also work for his broths who has his p2p yard there so its perfect :) Ohh and theres a school aval to hire down the road, 60x20 amazing surface with full set of SJs for £5/hour per horse, so i do that once a week :)

zoelouisem

Visit site
Ooo. Where are you? I come from Barnes but my brother lived in Virginia Waters for ages. It's nice down there :)

I actually live in Windsor, but ponies on Priest hill by the runneymead not far from Virginia Water. Yer its nice where we are, my 6 year old goes off a another horse on her pony round the roads, then goes off the lead in the park which is great as she couldnt do that in other areas!!1

painted ponies

Visit site
Currently I am paying £65/month for grazing and some run down stables (come in handy at times) and use of the arena at the main yard 5 mins walk away. But I am looking to move as they are trashing the field it it would be nice to use in the summer again.

The yard I rent the field off is £100/month very cute, nearly all year round grazing, use of arena ok ish hacking but have to buy hay (£30 large bale) and pelleted bedding from them.

There is a yard £30/week with day turnout and arena ok ish hacking but would then have to buy my own hay and straw on top which wouldnt be cheap as I have a big boy and a Skinny boy.

Another option a little further away £40 but includes hay and straw good turnout great hacking but apparently the arena isnt too good.

To many choices, I really hope I can go back to having 1 horse!

skint1

Visit site
Got my 2 at different yards,

Yard 1:
£120 per month
unlimited haylage and straw between end Oct- early May
free parking for trailer
flood lit school
turn out in small groups
grazing adequate
lots of off road beautiful hacking for daughter and horse
lockable tack rooms
feed rooms
YO does maintainance and repairs
sociable and busy

Yard 2
£60 per month
stable with electric and running water, massive fields
not much hacking
no school
quiet, plenty of freedom
not much in the way of maintainance or repairs going on unless you do it yourself, so it really is DIY!

Snowysadude

Visit site
£30 a week includes use of the school (20X60), stable with storage in the back for rugs and tack (not huge and have a lot of stuff in my garage) and then space in the barn for approx 10 bales of hay and feed bins. We have the local tack shop deliver weekly so I have to order shavings as and when, others on straw do get extra space in the barns usually. Oh and we get mixed turnout in a field that is nowhere near big enough for the number of horses but there is nowhere better in the area for that price!! Thats in Herts though inside the M25 :) Jumps we had to all buy into and floodlights are £1 for approx 40 mins.

vixann

Visit site
£24 a week in winter plus hay and straw (which is pretty cheap and from YO) this includes winter paddock with ad lib hay where they can go out every day but must come in at night (although mine go out at 6 and come in at 9 so not all night!!) indoor school, floodlit outdoor, loads off off road hacking, jumps, xc course. but £33 in summer for everyone - 24/7 on grass turnout

just moving to yard which i think is £45 with hay and straw inc

kirstyl

Visit site
£24 a week in winter plus hay and straw (which is pretty cheap and from YO) this includes winter paddock with ad lib hay where they can go out every day but must come in at night (although mine go out at 6 and come in at 9 so not all night!!) indoor school, floodlit outdoor, loads off off road hacking, jumps, xc course. but £33 in summer for everyone - 24/7 on grass turnout

just moving to yard which i think is £45 with hay and straw inc

Where are you Vixann? Yards are sadly lacking in my area of West Yorkshire which makes our YO rather blase about what he provides. Getting to me a bit when outdoor arenas are flooded and unusable and you have to pay for use of indoor on top of your livery