DIY Yards Near Spencers Wood, Reading - Any Ideas?!

steph2479

Visit site
Hi,
I'm looking for a DIY yard near Spencers Wood, in Reading - I'm really lucky that my 3 horses are at a yard about 2 mins from my front door - unfortunately the yard is being sold/built on soonish, and so I need to start looking.... :(
The yard must have a floodlit arena (indoors would be nice but I've survived without so far!) and decent turnout (preferably 24/7 in the summer), as one horse has arthritic hocks and needs to move about as much as possible. Apart from that, am fairly up for suggestions - would even consider taking on a small ish private yard (5-8 boxes or so) if anyone knows of anywhere?
I'm not in any rush to move now, but I know finding 3 spaces together is going to be tough!

bexcy-bee

Visit site
It may be worth speaking to lotti Crocker, though not sure if she does DIY, then there's wheats farm Mortimer, Cullinghood in pangebourne and hall place in Tilehurst that are fairly close

Bexcy-bee x

steph2479

Visit site
Thanks Bexcy-bee - Cullinghood & Hall Place are both too far - I'm at the yard at least twice a day so that would add on a serious amount of travelling. I might have a look at the others though. I'm sure there must be loads of little yards all around Arborfield/Mortimer/Shinfield etc. but it's just trying to find them!!

I've heard lots of names being talked about, but can't find any info on the places - can anyone shed any light?! Simms Farm, Horns Farm, Greenacres, Longreach, Lands End Equestrian Centre to name a few!

Miss Sleek

New User
Visit site
I can't remember the name for the life of me but there used to be a livery yard at the bottom of Burghfield common , that ran alongside the motor way .... Not sure if it's even still there used to livery there some 10 years ago , it was a working farm with little industrial units !

charlie76

Visit site
I can't remember the name for the life of me but there used to be a livery yard at the bottom of Burghfield common , that ran alongside the motor way .... Not sure if it's even still there used to livery there some 10 years ago , it was a working farm with little industrial units !
Amners farm