DNA Tests

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Thoughts? I've a few friends who have had their dogs tested, but i've never really been convinced by them. I've read about pedigree dogs of known parentage getting suprising results, & the same dog being tested by two different companies, with different results.

islander

Visit site
My sister recently had her lovely rescue dog tested, only by one company though. The results were as she expected, a Rottweiler\Lab cross. Getting the swabs done must have been fun, the dog thinks things like that are games.

Peter7917

Visit site
Was on watchdog a year or two back, the company in question requested a picture of the dog to be sent along with swabs etc.

watchdog swabbed something small like a toy poodle but sent picture of german shepherd and the company came back saying GS so were obviously going from the picture and nothing to do with the swabs.

merlo89

Visit site
We used one on our rescue, as we could not work out what he was!

We used Wisdom Panel which is one of the most recommended ones! It didn’t involve sending a picture of our dog, just swabbing his cheek.

It came back with surprising results, but we can certainly see the breeeds in him. It is also certified.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think they've got a lot better than they were, I suspect due to the sheer number of samples they have processed.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
My dog is tested to prove he is the product of his parents and to tie him to his health test results. As one parent was not on the database to start with, he is recorded as 'tested/on file' and not 'proven'.