Do animals go to heaven?

peanut

Visit site
I've been thinking about this a lot recently as several friends have sadly lost horses and I've lost a beloved pet.

God created the Ark so he must have placed considerable importance on animals. Isn't He supposed to know every time a sparrow dies? Also, heaven surely wouldn't be paradise if we couldn't have our loved ones with us.

Your thoughts? :)

TwoStroke

Visit site
To be honest I believe that when we die we rot, and so does everything else. I don't believe in souls or heaven, it just doesn't seem to fit logically with what we know of the natural world. Just mho, though :).

milesjess

Visit site
I don't think anyone on this earth knows 100% what happens.

When I lost my boy I took comfort thinking that's where he now is and we'll be reunited. Many believe it and many don't but I know it helps me.

Hedwards

Visit site
The answer to this all depends on whether you believe in heaven... As someone who doesnt, I believe my old mare who was PTS a number of years ago lives on in my memories rather than in heaven if that makes sense.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I think it is very arrogant of humans to believe that only they go to heaven. I don't actually believe in the heaven and hell thing. But I do believe in souls and reincarnation. I think there is a kind of spirit world too, a kind of holding place for souls. :eek:

LauraWheeler

Visit site
I'm with Wagtail on this one. I don't believe in heaven as such but I do believe in the sprit world.
I honestly believe Lucy is still with me and still looking after me. Some strange things have happened since she passed on, I can't explain it but i'm shore it was her looking after me.
For example Once I was at work trying to change a horses rug. This horse is normaly a little narkey but I cope fine with him. But on this ocation I had been hit by a car while cycling to another job just 2 days earlyer and was finding him hard to cope with. I told him off but he ignored me and kicked out at me. In a moment of despration I said "Lucy, please help me" Suddenly the horse shot sideways across his box asif he had been squared upto by another horse and he stood perfectly still while I changed his rug and was an angel to put out in the field.
We were in a stable at the time and the boxes either side of his are empty. :confused: I'm shore many will find explanations for this but I like to think it was Lucy looking after me, like she did when she was alive. :)

Tash88

Visit site
I'm not religious in the slightest and believe that when we (and our animals) die that is it, but I still talk about my animals and family members looking down from heaven. In my opinion, it is a discourse more than anything else, just something to help with the loss and comfort people a bit. I often dream about animals and people that are no longer with me, so I suppose I feel their presence in some way.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
I don't know I love to think of rainbow bridge where we are reunited after death. In any case my darling boy that I lost so suddenly the other month was an angel on this earth so why not up above :)

FionaM12

Visit site
To be honest I believe that when we die we rot, and so does everything else. I don't believe in souls or heaven, it just doesn't seem to fit logically with what we know of the natural world. Just mho, though :).

I agree with you TwoStroke. I can't see any evidence to show that we do anything but return to the ground and air as with all other living matter.

I am not sure my horse Henry went that way... he was a very bad boy!

:D:D:D:D Haha. Bad Henry.

lula

Visit site
God created the Ark so he must have placed considerable importance on animals. Isn't He supposed to know every time a sparrow dies? Also, heaven surely wouldn't be paradise if we couldn't have our loved ones with us.

Your thoughts? :)

if you believe in God ofcourse or in the concept of heaven, but even if you do its a place of SPIRIT which doesnt mean ofcourse that animals cant go there just that its not some alternate reality and they wont be trotting around in actual fields eating grass a some fluffy bunny people seem to think they will or you'll go happily off to meet your old friend in the afterlife and be feeding him apples until the end of time

Last edited:

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
I think my animals are waiting for me somewhere. I certainly dream very vivdly about them when they pass over. Otis and Jeremy are grazing side by side in a bright sunny field with a field shelter, surrounded by a picket fence. I am sure that Sunny has not left home yet- on a hot day I sometimes see her grazing in the garden (as she used to when she was alive). I'm not sure what all the cats are doing.

RLS

Visit site
I think some well-cared-for animals already have a 'heaven on earth'!
I like to believe in reincarnation. It's just such a nice, neat theory. Everybody's and everything's spirit/ soul gets re-used (or recycled, if you like). It also gives you a second chance to make up for mistakes in a previous life.

Mearas

Visit site
I am a Christian and all I can tell you is that God promises us that we will be in 'heaven'. As I am 'in heaven' when I am with my horse particularly on a beautiful morning with the birds singing and my spaniel sniffing round my legs then I can only presume that heaven will be full of horses, dogs, birds, flowers and many other things to wonderful for me to even comprehend at the moment.

peanut

Visit site
if you believe in God ofcourse or in the concept of heaven, but even if you do its a SPIRITUAL place which doesnt mean ofcourse that animals cant go there just that they wont be trotting around in actual fields as some fluffy bunny people seem to think they will.

Does anyone actually believe that heaven is anything other than a spiritual place?

ladyt25

Visit site
We just die. What we believe in isn't a fact.

Ah yet but as there's (currently) not ACTUAL way to prove or disprove heaven, the afterlife or reincarnation then I think people are free to believe what they want.

Personally I don' believe in 'Heaven' per se but I do believe there is something else as there are too many things that we are no able to explain - one thing in particular the stuff that the innocent minds of children come out with, say in relation to them having lived before. I find that fascinating when i read of stories where young (say 3 yo) kids have stated they have lived in a specific house, area etc and it is proved that the details they provide are correct - sometimes they are refering to times many many years ago too.

I love it quite frankly!

I have also had a 'spooky' encounter myself in an old student house. I wish now i looked in to it in more details as it would have been interesting to find out if what i experienced could be connected to a specific person who had lived there before.

Littlelegs

Visit site
I don't believe in heaven myself, but I think if you do then animals would be more deserving than a lot of humans. I've told my little girl something similar to heaven, but also that they are sometimes still around, where they were happiest, even if we can't see them.

FionaM12

Visit site
I am a Christian and all I can tell you is that God promises us that we will be in 'heaven'.

No, all you can tell us is that you believe God promises it. Belief is not fact.

For those of us who don't believe in God, your assurance doesn't really work. :)

stargirl88

Visit site
Not a believer. I don't believe in any sort of afterlife.

HOWEVER. IF I turn out to be wrong...... Then my horse and I have an agreement whereby whoever dies first has to wait at the gate for the other one.... and we will gallop full speed down to hell together. ;)