Do close contact saddle pads make a difference?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Do you just mean a shaped numnah? Otherwise I'm not really sure what a close contact pad is? A numnah allows better use of the schooling whip, square pads came about because of sponsorship logos I believe and aren't traditional apart from the square blankets of Spanish equitation etc. A pad is only really needed to absorb sweat and protect the panels, the square shape is unnecessary.

Renvers

Visit site
on mine the only difference is the strap position. on a normal numnah the straps are long enough to fit through around the second girth strap. On a CC one the strap is short and fits around the D ring at the front of the saddle. No other difference I can see its just choice of whether to use with a saddle or not (less cleaning for me :) )

blood_magik

Visit site
well the cc squares I have are made from wicking material and they don't move as much under the saddle as some of the the non-cc ones I have - not sure if they're non-slip

dolbyl

New User
Visit site
It's just the shape of the saddlecloth, the front is shaped more like a close contact jumping saddle than a straighter cut one so looks smarter.....I think it is shaped at the bottom to allow for the mono flap girth straps which do up below the saddle like a dressage girth! Hope this helps

Nag Nag Nag 1

New User
Visit site
Re the area of the saddle pad that the girth sits over - my saddler told me that this should be a flat area, without a ribbed edge, otherwise it feels like a ruk in a sock to the horse and is uncomfortable.
I'm uncertain if this is the close contact aspect but they seem to just differ in cut and shape, the padding and fit seems to be the same.

Mule

Visit site
I got a lovely lemeiux close contact pad on sale recently. I use it with a go saddle. I much prefer it than the square pads. I like attaching the straps to the d rings as it's less hassle. The pad also fits the horses shape better and looks much neater. I won't buy the square ones again.