Do field shelters need planning permission

Millie1990

New User
Visit site
Do mobile field shelters need planning permission if they are in a national park?

If I want to get a field shelter on skids, moveable with no flooring do I need planning permission if I am in a National park?

Suby2

Visit site
Someone reported my mobile shelter in a field the New Forest National Park. Unbeknown to me they came and inspected it, realised it was fully mobile but left an official notice saying that it had to be moved regularly, possibly every three months but I can’t remember. Farmer kindly moved it into another field where he is virtually the only one who can see it so it is now static.

cjwchez

Visit site
I'm not sure about national parks, but mobile field shelters require a full planning permission request.I read that mobile shelters did not require planning permission, just that the council needed informed so I recently contacted my local council about putting one up (just one that is 3 sides and a roof) I informed them it would be mobile and moved however often they required me to move it. It ended up being more hassle. They came back and said "due to the size of the shelter it would be unlikely to be moved" and that a full planning permission request needed to be submitted (costs a couple of hundred pound now as its a chargeable service) so I'm still without a field shelter as the council weren't happy. It will probably depend on which planning officer you deal with and what they will allow, mine was hard work.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Do mobile field shelters need planning permission if they are in a national park?

If I want to get a field shelter on skids, moveable with no flooring do I need planning permission if I am in a National park?
I put two up no permission about 15 years ago no issue static but they were old stables so most must thought they were there years, but they were right against my barn. Last year I pulled them down and had two new ones put up, again no issue, so it depends on.

what part of the country,
neighbours if they can be seen by houses
your council
lot depends