Do I need another saddle?

katefc55

Visit site
Our new pony is a mother-daughter share, after the third attempt we have a saddle that fits her nicely (Kent & Masters 17"), the problem is, the saddle is fitted to me as the larger rider. My 11 year old daughter who is very slight, is sliding around all over the place! What should I do? Do I need another saddle for her? Our pony is a 14.2h Connemara cross.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Could you borrow a Heather Moffet seat saver (or get a 2nd hand one or cheaper copy on ebay)? They are very grippy suede cover over memory foam, so if it does solve the problem it would be far cheaper than a second saddle.

Tammytoo

Visit site
Could you borrow a Heather Moffet seat saver (or get a 2nd hand one or cheaper copy on ebay)? They are very grippy suede cover over memory foam, so if it does solve the problem it would be far cheaper than a second saddle.

Second this!

You can get them from the Enlightened Equitation website - about £50 I think, but cheaper than another saddle! It might feel a bit firm at first, but it softens up and shapes to your bum with bodyheat.

Goldenstar

Visit site

Thats exactly what I do when riding in my OH 's saddles it really does help.

Boysy

Visit site
If you want one cheaper but almost identical to the Heather M one then try Feedmark, they have their own version and you really cannot tell the difference between them..... bonus is they also come in childrens and adults versions and are reversible black one side and brown the other.....

katefc55

Visit site
Bought one today, Molly loves it and it stops her slipping really well. Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet! Thanks all.

LynH

Visit site
I have a gel out seat saver from Horse Health. It's very comfortable and really helps keep you in place. I previously had the HM one but much prefer the gel out as feels less bulky.