Do people still leave dogs tied up outside shops?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Just no! I see it, very distressed staffie outside Sainsbury the other week and a very aggressive sounding dog another time. I never take my lot to shops, they stay in the car if I’m nipping in for a loaf of bread or something. I’m too paranoid.

I used to do it as a kid, but the breed was very distinctive, I can imagine people thinking he was dangerous or something!

tankgirl1

Visit site
Not read the whole thread sorry, but yes, they do, a lot! The only place I have ever left my two outside is our local village shop, and the shopkeeper would keep an eye on them/go out and feed them gravy bones while I was getting my shopping. Once back at the till I can see them both and they can see me so stop screaming lol!

Seen pugs, collies, frenchies all sorts left tied up outside supermarkets, it's a wonder they aren't nicked! I've actually fallen out with someone over this before because she left her terrior with a history of killing chickens tied up outside a supermarket, badly, and then thought it was funny when he got loose and ran off... Grrr!

islander

Visit site
Some people seem to here, in the villages and towns. I wouldn`t, as mine are either suspicious of strangers approaching them or just too friendly and would tangle themselves up greeting people. I have never heard of any dog-napping here, on an island too much trouble I hope. A friend left her well-trained lab sitting outside a shop and we carried on down the road after shopping, only realising we had left her about half an hour later. She was still sitting there, very fed up with us for abandoning her!

handbagsandhay

Visit site
Oh no I never could. It gives me the fear. Not so long ago I was on along drive and really needed a drink and guessed the dog probably would too - wasn't prepared so I stopped at a shop on the road with a space RIGHT OUTSIDE (because I panic leaving the dog in the car too even for a split second) ran and grabbed water was stressing looking out the window (which is right next to the til so i could clearly see the dog - not giving a stuff I might add- the whole time) and it was the longest two minutes of my life. I had this fear about someone breaking into my car to steal my attitude ridden dog away from me

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
aaargh, cute wee cross bred pup left outside local Coop tonight, tied up with a slip lead! *head desk*

(I use slip leads, but would never ever tie up with one-knew of a rottie and a lab that were killed tied up with slip leads).