Do Polevaulters need to wear bikinis?!

Tulsi

Visit site
Maybe its a growing sporting trend - just think what the BSJA recently appeared to be promoting as acceptable wear around the stables for young lady riders...

haybales

Visit site
but they have to be completely warmed up, like any other athlete... i dont think its any use comparing to riders, like chalk and cheese!

skewbaldpony

Visit site
I don't agree!
I think Team GB might do better if they thought of riders as athletes.
There are differences yes, but chalk and cheese? Riders don't need to be warmed up? No wonder we're rubbish!

haybales

Visit site
no i was refering to their clothes, the topic of this thread i thought?! riders wear clothes for safety reasons, i do think the BHS once said something about how much it hurts if you fall off wearing only a bikini...

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Hmmm ... I wouldn't know. The polo grooms in Florida don't wear a lot more!
Seriously though, if a horse, wearing what a horse wears and carrying a rider, can get round a series of fences, multiple efforts, then I can't think that just making the vest meet the pants could make that much difference.
In another four years someone will have decided they have to be in an allinone from neck to ankles to cut resistance, it's just fashion.
I'm afraid I put myself off this thread by imagining that terrible, terrible BSJA shot posed by the actual team. I have also put myself off my supper!

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Oh look, I've lost the will to live.
I said I thought they'd look nicer in a vest.
You said but they're very hot and they have to jump.
I said blimey, only one pole at a time, horses have to do a lot more, surely a vest wouldn't kill them.
If that's comparing a horse to a pole vaulter yes.
If not no.
Don't really care that much, it was just a passing thought.
Happy to be beaten 30 lashes with a damp copy of H&H if it makes you feel better.
blush.gif
grin.gif