Do puppies pee a little in their sleep???

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I know this sounds like a mad question but Pickle had a bath on Saturday and hubby mentioned that her back legs were a little stained inside (yellowish)

Today I've been in and out quite a bit so Pickle has been in her cage and sleeping quite a bit. Each time I've come back she hasn't made any mess in her crate but inbetween her back legs is wet and it smells of pee. Her bed is dry but there has definitely been some leakage. I still put her straight out for a wee, which she does but I'm a bit worried, is it normally for her to have ickle teeny accidents in her sleep?

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Have you checked to see if she's like it before she goes in her cage?
Pixel used to get that but I think it was more because they are so fluffy between their back legs and when theyre peeing it's quite often they get distracted and don't finish before they bounce off! bless 'em :) or it's windy! Lol!

Hope she's doesn't have a problem and is still here scrummy little self!!! :D

Elle
X

Last edited:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
As Elle says it could just be that her aim isn't brilliant when she is peeing, and gets distracted. Evie used to shuffle along whilst peeing (still does sometimes) as she was always wanting to go and investigate things and didn't have time to stay squatting in one spot.:p

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Elle - she is dry when she goes in but I did wonder that.....well I'm sure she is!! I'll have to check but I'm sure she is dry. I don't think that it is a problem, just want to double check, you know how paranoid we get!!

SantasUnicorn - that would make sense as well. She now likes her crate and does go out for the count. She is just over 9 weeks old so very diddy still.

She is sound asleep next to me at the moment and such a little sweetie :D (mind you I wouldn't of used the same description 2 hours ago when she was being a HORROR!!!)

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
As Elle says it could just be that her aim isn't brilliant when she is peeing, and gets distracted. Evie used to shuffle along whilst peeing (still does sometimes) as she was always wanting to go and investigate things and didn't have time to stay squatting in one spot.:p

Our Amber used to do that!! not enough time to stop and pee.....too much to do and too much to see!!!! I'm going to be wanny checking now before and after wee-wee's!!!

Vizslak

Visit site
Flora used to pee herself all the bloomin time as a pup when in a deep sleep! :rolleyes: The worst bit was how mortified she looked upon waking up because she never had any real accidents when she was awake!
She grew out of it!

littlemisslauren

Visit site
B had lots of tiny accidents when she was diddy! She will grow out of it :)

I'm so relieved other bitches do the 'I need to pee but there is something very exciting over there!' waddle!!

Jennypenny

Visit site
My 3 year old Lurcher boy, some times pees's in his sleep. I have seen him do it. He has fast asleep and he did a little dribble pee. He is a really clean boy in the house. I am always having to wash his bed. Bless him

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Thank you all so much for your replies, its put my mind at rest. Pickle went to work with hubby today and didn't have any damp moments at all so it must be the deep sleep tiddling!