Do they let you know when they're ready?

Char0901

Visit site
I have a 10 month old gelding who gets turned out daily with his best mate. A 9/10 month old filly who he has known virtually since they foaled last year.
In 2 weeks they're being turned 'away' (will both still get checked every day and a bit of handling here and there) they're going out with my lads half brother, who's a 2 year old and a 3 year old filly.
Recently, as in this week, they've been ******* to bring in! They're at my friends farm so no big deal really. She's being shouting them to come in at about 6pm (usually out by 8am) but they both ignore her.
Their field is through another field, so she opens their gate so they can come up to the main yard gate... Most nights it's been 9pm this week when they finally wonder up to the yard for their tea and bed time!
Is this saying they're ready to go out 24/7? He's my first and only baby and I do worry... About everything! Surely this is a good sign though?
Please put my nerves at ease!

Equi

Visit site
Not all horses come to call. If you want them in you should get them used to you coming up to them and haltering.

Char0901

Visit site
Because they're at her house it doesn't really matter if they come when called. A few weeks ago they were wanting to come in by 5pm. They can be caught if needed. Usually they're wanting their tea by 6pm at the latest. I was just thinking that because they're not wanting to come in until later does that mean they're ready to be staying out.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
It means the spring grass is coming through. Mine, who comes to call all winter, now just stands there with a "go away I'm eating" look.

Equi

Visit site
So let either let them stay out or let them come in later. I bring mine in at the same time for weight managment but there are days they refuse to come and i do have to get them in.