Do Vegetarians go hunting?

mememe

Visit site
i was one for 10 years and went hunting!
blush.gif
im not a veggie anymore ... couldnt resist bacon
blush.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

WFL

Visit site
One of my friends did a few times, but didn't continue. Nothing to do with her veggie principles, she just found it boring, cold and too much hassle.

mandycrosby77

Visit site
i am a vegetarian my self have been for over 20 years,first went hunting at 7 but to be honest never saw a fox,i guess i would have been mortified had we. For me it was a great day out riding in fields and places never usually allowed and getting dressed up in my best gear, wonder if any body else goes for the ride so to speak

jojo2305

Visit site
yes, I do, pro hunt and vegetarian. It's only weird I suppose if you are a vegetarian who is the type who doesn't eat meat because they don't want to eat/hurt an animal. I just don't like the taste, but happily cook it etc for others.

Natassia

Visit site
I'm a vegetarian and wouldn't go hunting personlly, but I don't think it has much to do with my principles, never really linked the 2 to be honest!

NeilM

Visit site
Given that there is no longer any possibility of a kill, I don't see if it makes any odds these days, but it's an interesting question never the less.

RememberMe

Visit site
Ok, someone please put me in the picture. I admit that I don't know anything about hunting but what I do believe is that men and woman on horse back, along with a pack of hounds, chase a poor petrified innocent animal just so the hounds can tear it to pieces - and this is all in the name of sport/hobby/fun??

I'm sorry but I find this very cruel. If I am wrong then please do put me right. Thank you.

moneypit1

Visit site
Why do people say that hunting doesn't go on? IT DOES. There are two packs near me that hunt as usual, yes, the same as they did before the ban. This is not a argument for or against just pointing out that it does go on and it is pathetic to try and say it doesn't.

RLF

Visit site
so veggies hunt some don't, its personal choice.
Many veggies will quite happily set a mouse trap in their kitchen if they have a problem with vermin. Killing a pest isn't about vegetarianism and its not hypocrytical IMO.
I don't hunt, am veggie but not because I love cute little fluffy foxes, i would if i have a horse suitable and the time to do it.
Not that 'real' hunting goes on around here
grin.gif

ladyt25

Visit site
I'm veggie, I went on one drag hunt after the ban but although it was ok (although i was shocked to realise so many people didn't actually seem able to ride or jump without falling off!!). I wouldn't go to kill a fox as I don't get pleasure out of killing animals and can't see why anyone does. I wouldn't go on a pheasant shoot or shoot rabbits, hares or deer either. I don't see how killing anything can be deemed sport?

I don't however think this has anything to do with me being vegetarian, have been veggie for 22 years (since I was 7) and my whole family are and I didn't have views on hunting back then.

As for the question of why someone who doesn't like hunting would be on the Horse and Hound Forum - what's that about?? I never noticed that H&H was purely for people who were pro-hunting - am i wrong?? It is a name of a magazine and yes the name derived from the concept of hunting I don't argue that but i think Horse & Hound does also cover other issues and activities and isn't solely about hunting.
confused.gif

RememberMe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you find hunting cruel, why are you a member of a forum called 'Horse and Hound'?

Sorry if I'm opening a can of worms here.

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

It's a title thats it.