Do We Take Thrush Too Lightly?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
important comment
'The thrush did not cause this to detach easily. But when it did detach we were fortunate to see how far the thrush went.'

I think that is a quite an old dead leg!

Last edited:

HBB

Visit site
It amazes me that people still think thrush is just smelly feet and do nothing about it. My old lad had terrible deep sulcus thrush and we tried everything to resolve it. Some things would work for so long, then back it would come. He was very elderly with many problems. I thought it was interesting to see how "deep" the thrush went and how uncomfortable it must have been as it progressed.

The leg being in the freezer, then thawed caused the easy detachment. I was hoping people would read the farrier comments. Interesting photo's though.

Last edited:

MaeBee93

Visit site
It still amazes me that some people I know don't even own a hoof pick :eek::mad::eek: You wouldn't ignore athletes foot on your own feet so why neglect the horses! ''No hoof, no horse'' springs to mind! Thrush is very much overlooked by people I know and their excuse is ''well they stand in mud all day of course their going to be smelly'' They then slap gallons of branded hoof oil on and expect that to make things better -.-