Do you do everything with your horse that you bought it for

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

Megibo

Visit site
I did and more with my first pony. She hasn't done too much for a while though due to various different problems!

I bought my 14.3 due to smallie having issues so I had something to ride so in that sense yes I am as I'm riding her :p But once I get my horsebox I wan't to be off competing :D

Lolo

Visit site
JFTD, you can get hairsprays aimed at teenagers from Superdrug that are wash in/ wash out and shouldn't stain him...

catembi

Visit site
Nope! I wanted to compete dr to adv & sj to 1 m 20. Unfortunately we don't load & if we do, we travel poorly, then we flip out once we've got there. Ex racer.

However, he's also had lots of gastric issues & we *might* just have solved it, & I'm hoping that this is the puzzle piece that will set up the foundation for everything else to follow.

Last horse - nope! Bought to do the same as the above at great expense; turned out to have EPSM; is now a happy hacker.

One before that - Catembi - jumped higher than I ever dreamed I could - tracks up to 1 m 25 in lessons & 1 m 15 at comps. We were just gearing up for a crack at a Fox when he got sick & eventually died.

I'm still hoping to jump a Fox & compete adv One Day.....

T x

JFTDWS

Visit site
JFTD, you can get hairsprays aimed at teenagers from Superdrug that are wash in/ wash out and shouldn't stain him...

Also not a bad idea... I'm thinking maybe food dye for his body, spray on dye for his mane (which is dark so more difficult to cover) and maybe pink bandages for his legs...

Isn't it great when a plan comes together? :D

wowzers, I'm not made of money :p

jensheff26

Visit site
bought my mare last year and yes we do more or less everything well try to just with no brakes wich i didnt realise when i bought her, so a hour hack takes 10 minutes and schooling is a constant battle of patience but love her to bits wouldnt swap her for the world xx

Shantara

Visit site
There is one thing I really want to do with Fergs that I haven't done though... I can't say I bought him to do it, but it's an "ambition" that's crept up more recently...

I want to paint him pink...

And dress up as Darth Vader...

So I can re-enact this cake ( :eek: ) in real life:

jessica%252Bhar.ow.darth%252Bvader%252Blittle%252Bpony.jpg

(eta, I thought it might amuse you guys :p )

If you don't do this, you're the worst person ever. EVER.

Hair dye from superdrug or Poundland works. We dyed my friends horse pink and he's about the same colour as yours.

JFTDWS

Visit site
If you don't do this, you're the worst person ever. EVER.

Hair dye from superdrug or Poundland works. We dyed my friends horse pink and he's about the same colour as yours.

But will it come out after? I don't want to compete on a pink pony all season :eek:

(Loving the painting / dye related anecdotes coming out of the woodwork now btw... I've done minor artwork with paint before but never anything as ambitious as this... Plus then there's the darth vader costume to sort too...)

Shantara

Visit site
But will it come out after? I don't want to compete on a pink pony all season :eek:

(Loving the painting / dye related anecdotes coming out of the woodwork now btw... I've done minor artwork with paint before but never anything as ambitious as this... Plus then there's the darth vader costume to sort too...)

Yea, came out after a wash or two :)

RainbowDash

Visit site
I brought Boyo as a happy hacker to ride solo and in company. He's my first pony and is an absolute gentleman - esp. With the mini pony pilots and not so mini ones (he's had 6-36 non-riders on his back and very steady with them).

And as a pony who 'won't school and not trained for dressage' he's proving that wrong too - it's early days in his training but we're getting there :-D.

Enfys

Visit site
I've only sat on her three times in the 2 months I have had her. Combination of winter, not enough time and waiting for a custom made breed specific saddle to arrive. It still hasn't, the one I picked up recently isn't quite right sadly. Plan is to do breed shows and Xtreme cowboy racing (like glorified handy pony but with decent prize money)

I am actually at the wrong end of the Province, it IS purely coincidental that we are relocating to is mere miles from a competition centre ;) honestly :D

Caol Ila

Visit site
My most important goal these days is to ride my horse while wearing a horse onesie. A friend of mine has a horse onesie, so watch this space.

JFTDWS

Visit site
My most important goal these days is to ride my horse while wearing a horse onesie. A friend of mine has a horse onesie, so watch this space.

Good work.

Thread hijack. Henceforth this thread should be known as:

"What is the most eccentric thing you've ever wanted to do with your horse"

In addition to "Darth rides My Little Pony", I rather fancy steampunking up his butt and painting him like this:

images

But I'd only make a mess of it. Perhaps the OP would like to do it instead :cool:

Undecided

Visit site
Nope! :D bought Rio to jump, 4 years on and we've never topped more than 2ft and even then we manage to break a pole/wing/bridle/human. We hack (in company only) and do low level dressage instead :)

popeyesno1fan

Visit site
Well, I lost my bottle, as they say. So, no, I havn't done anything I thought I'd do. I'm getting there, be it very slowly, and actually rode my horse last week for the first time in two years. he's been ridden all along by a 13 yr old, and my kids rode him last weekend, so they shamed me into it. he is so quiet. I cant wait for the day that I put up pics of us actually doing things..... But I will. x

trottingon

Visit site
Think I must have morphed into BobbyMondeo in my sleep! I also have had loads of setbacks and have a mad ginger thing with whom I haven't quite made the progress I was hoping for, however I don't have any set timescales so we will remain a work in progress for a fair while longer methinks :) :) :)

little_critter

Visit site
Nope, just got to that decision point. I wanted my girl to be an all round RC type (nothing flash but can have a bash at a bit if all sorts) After 15 months of arguments and all the vet/back/saddle tests you can think of I've come to the conclusion she just totally switches off in the school and I can't make her do what she really doesn't want to.
We're going to have a spring/summer of hacking and fun to see if I can cope with being a happy hacker. I love my pony and can't bear to part with her but we clearly have different ambitions.

Tilda

Visit site
Pretty much. I just wanted a horse I could enjoy after a hellish 2 years with the previous one. The 3 things I had always wanted to do were: local showjumping classes with an aim to do 2ft 6 - we did last year with great success, a pleasure ride - did within 6 weeks of getting Max and finally cross country - so far we have done jump x twice and aiming to do a tiny x country course this year.

Haven't done much so far this year as I had a slight confidence knock right at the beginning of January. I am getting there with it though and with spring hopefully on it's way and max back on plenty of turnout hopefully we'll start getting out and about :)

Jericho

Visit site
I wished I had more guts to jump my mare - she is a really good jumper and loves xc (ex eventer) but I just get the wobbles thinking about jumping anything higher than 18 inches. Have done one xc clear round and it was great and all went fine but can never seem to sum up courage to do it again. The fear of falling off and hurting myself seems to override everything else. But I have done TREC which i really wanted to do and came first so that was a personal goal achieved!

D66

Visit site
I bought mine as a foal to be a companion for a few years and then sell. Well she has done the first bit but i haven't sold her.;) She is broken to harness and going well ridden too. I have hacked her out alone (she is very bold and forward going) and we are just starting her over tiddly jumps on the lunge in the paddock.:cool: