do you ever look at your shetland and think....

Kezzabell2

Visit site
where do I find a 16hh version of you?

If I was ever to look for another horse I defo think a big version of my Shetland would be the way forward! not that I will ever be looking for another horse hehe

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Daisy IS a big version of my mini Shetland!

CFBD24C1-AE22-443D-A713-04D7400B3366_zpsz2sq3thf.jpg

Technically 32" thinks he's 16.2

59BBB7F9-583E-4D31-B022-04A895A5EDBD_zpsqbsoor9n.jpg

Technically 14.2 thinks and feels like she's 16.2

Both bombproof, fast and fun yet totally dependable and great characters!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Never did ride and lead with that pair as daughter has (yet another) one at 11.3 just like them as well. She's just outgrown it so we are selling her as she's moved on to my 13.1 palo Welsh. I also have a matching 15.2 palo Welsh tho so we can still match. The Shetland has just gone out on loan to another little girl and starting the process again :)

Haz:)

Visit site
No. I think I'd be dead if my Shetland was 16hh, that would be my worst nightmare!! He's an extreme ******, Houdini and the root of all the issues in the yard !! He's extremely rude - had a poor upbringing and thinks he's a princess and can get away with anything from biting to kicking my knees. He has to be the rudest equine I know, my TB has better manners - thank god because he IS 16hh, lol.
Seriously considering selling him ( Shetland ) if my 13.2hh wasn't so attached and if my sister didn't love him so god darn much!! Starting to look for an Sec A or B to break in, and bridge the gap for her between the Shetland and the 13.2hh. No doubt I'll end up keeping the A as a companion afterwards because we seem to get attached!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've got a 14.1/2hh overgrown Shetland I swear! He has the tiniest legs I've ever seen on something his size and looks exactly like a scaled up Shetland. He is phenomenally strong, super, super smart and always looking for food and/or trouble, and pushing at the boundaries just to check they are still there. Best horse I've ever owned :)

jumbyjack

Visit site
Apart from both shets already thinking they are 16 hands they would be a nightmare! One has panic attacks and hyperventilates, her daughter bites and hard! Nine hand daughter is being being broken to drive, I'm out of teeth range when long reining! Yard shet ram raids through gates and ducks under fences so is known as The Ginger Ninja, he would be a 16 hand monster and probably knock buildings over. Still love them to bits though!

Auslander

Visit site
No chance. Ted is a delight, and very well mannered - but I've seen him buck! You couldnt pay me to get on anything that can get its feet over its head with such ease!

wills_91

Visit site
I would LOVE if I could get a bigger version of my Shetland. A 14.2 version of him would be marvellous. He's bold,intelligent,brave, trustworthy, hardy, loyal, great fun & handsome. The only thing I would leave behind would be his escaping skills.

SEL

Visit site
I've got a 14.2 shetland - my little Ardennes! In fact sometimes when he's in the middle of one of his farting sessions (which the kids think is great) I wonder whether he will deflate to shettie size.

Of course he is absolutely terrified of the monster shetland that is on the yard. Found him cowering in the corner of the barn once when the little **** had escaped, got into the big boy's pen and was eating his breakfast. I did point out that he could squash the shettie with one carefully placed hoof, but he gave me the same look I give my OH when I'm cornered by a whopper spider. Would I want that particular shetland any bigger? The thought terrifies me.......

ps - learnt to ride on an angel of a shetland when I was a teeny tot, so nothing against them. Just this particular one needs a job and a bit [lot] of training :-/

Apercrumbie

Visit site
The thought of a 16hh Shetland is utterly terrifying! The world would be doomed!

But in seriousness, I adore our mini, and he is pretty well-behaved with me but can be an absolute HORROR with other people. He's a gorgeous cheeky monkey but I'm glad he's the size he is - he'd terrorise the whole neighbourhood if he were any bigger.

StarcatcherWilliam

Visit site
where do I find a 16hh version of you?

If I was ever to look for another horse I defo think a big version of my Shetland would be the way forward! not that I will ever be looking for another horse hehe

Yes but about my 11hh Sec A. He is a total ledge and would be an amazing horse, although probably a bit of a handful!! :-D

NiceNeverNaughty

Visit site
it makes me really sad, why are so many of them horrors and monsters :( . Why do people let their shetlands bite and kick and generally be rude? Mine all have lovely manners, they wouldn’t dare to bite, barge etc etc (I breed standards). I also have a mini (along the lines of fionwinnies titchy) that my 4 year old son rides and handles who is wonderful. Id have any of them in 16hh. They are like any other horse, you just have to put in the work.

TwyfordM

Visit site
I ride one .. He's actually a new forest but has a huge body and head, is as wide as he is tall but compact and short backed with short chunky legs and is a real leg at each corner type.
Cheeky on the ground and ridden, lazy as hell and will use any evasion he can think of to get out of working correctly. But dependable, he's never done anything remotely silly and you always feel safe on him!

DanceswithCows

Visit site
Nooo, I think if my shetland was 16hh she'd be dangerous - she's been beaten in the past and is so jumpy about people now it would just be insane if she was bigger and freaked out.