Do you have a yard 'uniform' ??

Lill

Visit site
Do you have a set of clothes you wear to the yard only?

Do you always wear jods, boots and chaps (for eg) even if you are only going down to feed?

Or do you only wear jods, boots and chaps (for eg) if you are going to ride?

laugh.gif

I tend to wear jods most times as most times i ride, if i am only planning to feed i usually wear jeans.

Wear old scruffy joddy boots around the yard or muckers depending on whether Summer/Winter.

Only ever wear the whole get up of jods, boots and chaps if i am riding!
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Mornings - always breeches and boots as that is usually when I ride. Evening, usually same as I haven't bothered changing, but could be dress and heels too - depends on what I have been up to!

quirky

Visit site
Depends what I'm doing.
Jods and boots for riding and jeans if I'm just going to fetch in and feed etc.
I have been known to ride in jeans but you could count those on one hand (in 20+ years) as the seams hurt my knees!!

AandK

Visit site
yep, usually involves looking like a pikey..

AM is joggers, t-shirt and hoodie with trainers.. (i add wellies and a coat to complete the 'look' in bad weather.)
PM if i am riding, take away the joggers and trainers and add jods, boots and chaps.. if i am not riding it will be the same as AM...
as Andy is on box rest at present, my lunchtime yard outfit is whatever i am wearing for work.!

Persephone

Visit site
I ride in the morning so Breeches, boots, sweatshirt type thing.

Afternoon is just bring horse in. I have a pair of yard jeans I always wear and usually a t shirt.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I've got a great pair of stretchy jeans from Warehouse that I wear to ride in - like navy blue jods but oh so comfy and old brown long boots.

Usually go out at weekends to feed in my dressing gown much to the delight of the people who work at the raceyard which is also at home. PJ's and wellies most weekday mornings unless I'm riding before work - don't see the point in getting dressed twice.

hellspells

Visit site
Normally Jods/jeans - polo shirt, hoody and brown boots in the (Jods if riding). I have been known to quickly put horse from field to stable (everything else done earlier) in 4 inch stillettos, mini skirt and backless top as it was a lovely summer evening and I didn't want to get them in early just cos i was going out.

Baileysno1

Visit site
For mucking out on a morning I wear various jogger/hoodie combos with wellies which is effectively my tramp in pijamas outfit, to ride afterwork I change into breeches a polo with my jod boots and chaps.

bobble

Visit site
If I'm not riding joggers with hoodie/ tee-shirt depends on weather and much to my shame these even may have paint splats on and yard boots. Although I do smarten up when riding out and put jods, chaps and jodhpur boots on. But not always. Yes I mostly look like a tramp.

TicTac

Visit site
I wear jeans/cotton trousers, t shirt/ flleece for yard stuff like feeding, mucking out, turnout etc and keep my jods and stuff for riding which I do mainly in the evening after work. At the weekend when I have more time and ride in the morning I am in my jods all the time!

L

lilym

jeans for everyday riding mucking out etc, i only wear breeches for competiton, i haven't got time to faff around changing when i have 3 neds to do!! matalan do great stretch jeans that are superbly comfy to ride in and i have the added bonus of pockets for phone, keys money etc.....

PennywithHenry

Visit site
Mine are at home so usually PJ's and muckers or wellies in the morning, whatever I've thrown on in the daytime and the same at night, unless, like now, they're out late. All they need doing is bringing in so I've had a bath and am in PJ's again.

Blaise

Visit site
Usually swap between jeans and jodhs, depending on whats clean that particular morning! Have several old tatty pairs for mucking out & pottering around the yard in and 'good' ones i only bring out for important events or shows (they dont get used very often!
tongue.gif
) But whatever i put on in the morning i keep on all day cos i really cant be bothered to get changed again before going back to the yard on the night which often gets me some very strange looks when i'm walking around town in jodhs & smelling of horses.
grin.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
Nothing, we all walk around butt naked...it's easier that way.

We dont have to worry about colour co-ordanating, who's got he lastest pair of Dubarry boots and the old one liner...''do you think these jods make my bum look big?'' no its your poor diet and lack of excer....ok ok I'll stop there
grin.gif

Only teasing, anything goes down at out yard,
you see of collection of jeans, jods, shorts in summer, people stumbling around in high heels (
blush.gif
wink.gif
after calling to see their neddy on the way home from work, funky wellies, flip flops, all sorts!
smile.gif

Spyda

Visit site
Not really, not unless you consider the uniformly caked-in- mud-wellies look we're all sporting now. And in August, too! It's disgraceful.
tongue.gif

Angua2

Visit site
morning is usually tracky bottoms and top over work clothes and wellies. Evenings & weekends wether I ride or not is jods, shirt of some description boots and chaps.