Do you keep ....

nativepony

Visit site
all your old horsey paperwork? Had a bit of a clear out yesterday and got rid of 14 years worth of paperwork - old insurance policies, vet dockets, vet bills etc. Not really sure why I kept them in the first place but spent ages reminiscing about when she was younger and various veterinary complaints over the years! Was only when I found vet paperwork for when she was had initial blood tests for cushings I realised it was almost 4 years ago - have thought she only got diagnosed 2 years ago up until yesterday!

Bit of a pointless post but it just seemed silly to keep it all, although I did feel strangely sad when I put it on the fire as if a bit of our history was gone :(

ebonyallen

Visit site
Yes I have all sorts of stuff, vet bills vacinationcard. Aso have bridles saddle pads and a rug head collar. Have got rid of a lot pf stuff, but just some things remind me of special times, not really sure about the paper work lol.

Firewell

Visit site
Yes keep it all in folders for each horse we have owned. I even have the vetting for my mums old horse from 1989 and his breeding papers, old bsja print outs the works. Some of the horses are long gone now but to me these bits and pieces are memories of old friends.

TelH

Visit site
Vet bills I throw out as soon as they have been paid. I still have both my old mares passports though :eek: Are you supposed to send them to the issuer when the horse has been pts :confused: I also have a couple of old show numbers that I keep, one from the first show I went to and one from when I won at Ponies UK :)

nativepony

Visit site
I do still have (and would never get rid of) all her registration papers, family tree & copy of H&H with Milton on the front cover which I found her advert in! :)

mandwhy

Visit site
Yes I am the same with my car, I like to think if I sell either on I can provide a full and comprehensive history of any problems and prove I have looked after things! Plus sentimental reasons too I guess.

Tiffany

Visit site
I did exactly the same thing last week. Got rid of old insurance policies, vet bills, livery bills etc. I found it very therapeutic. Found my TB mare's passport and even though she's been dead quite a few years I just can't part with it.

Like you say OP, quite sad really