Do you pay more for Winter Livery than Summer Turnout?

If you have been drinking while underage, have you ever been properly drunk? (ie: past a little bit

• Total voters

legaldancer

Visit site
Do you pay more per week for Winter Livery - I'm including mucking out, filling buckets, haynets & giving feeds, hay & bedding inclusive, also turning out & getting in- than summer livery? ie 24/7 turnout with poo picking included. What if p/p wasn't included, but an optional extra?
Your thoughts & experiences please.

Sarahgema

Visit site
I pay a set £30 per week in summer for grass turnout. Can also use my stable whenever i want.
In winter i pay set £24 per stable and everything else on top - i have DIY livery and do everything myself - usually works out around £32 a week in winter - thats stable, haylege, straw.

miss_c

Visit site
Our YO used to charge more in winter, and less in summer, but because a lot of people pay direct debit, it's easier to have it all the same.

MrsElle

Visit site
I'm on DIY but pay £10 a week more in winter.

Summer we have 24/7 turnout but obviously have access to our own stables too. Winter the horses are in at night and the extra £10 a week we pay covers all hay and straw usage.

SALLYT

Visit site
I pay the same throughout the year so I tend to being my horse in at nights / daytime in the summer, my reason being I'm being charged for haylage and bedding so I may as well use it.

Tia

Visit site
My liveries pay the same throughout the year. This way, their board in the summer is a bit more expensive than at other places, however their board in the winter is by far cheaper, so it evens out in the end. All of my liveries are long termers so it suits them and me, knowing what amounts are going out/coming in each month.

peanut

Visit site
I'm on DIY but pay more in the winter for straw/haylage. Services like feeding/turnout etc are always extra whatever time of year

Boxers

Visit site
I pay the same summer and winter (£17 for stable and grazing). I'm on DIY and so I pay extra for haylege, bedding, feed in the winter and the horses have to live in at night.. Sometimes I need the YM to turn out for me if I'm at work and I pay a bit extra for this too.

kibob

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My liveries pay the same throughout the year. This way, their board in the summer is a bit more expensive than at other places, however their board in the winter is by far cheaper, so it evens out in the end. All of my liveries are long termers so it suits them and me, knowing what amounts are going out/coming in each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto
smile.gif

legaldancer

Visit site
If you are DIY and you pay extra for a muck out, do you also pay for poo-picking? I can understand summer turnout being less, but the poo-picking is quite time consuming.

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
We pay the same monthly amount all year round. On a DIY yard and the £107 pm includes single horse paddock, stable, straw and use of school. Summer obviously cheaper as most live out 24/7 - they all go out asap and only come in when it gets really horrid. Extras include mucking out/poo picking @ 50p a time ( i think poo picking might be a £1 now!). YO lets you do whats best for your horse.

ISHmad

Visit site
We pay the same livery year round. The only additional cost being for haylage at winter which is £30 per horse per month and is ad lib.