Do you prefer hacking alone or with someone?

Salcey

Visit site
I usually hack with my kids, but I must admit in the darker nights I hack on my own midweek and its sooooo nice to be silent (kids rather chatty) and just enjoy the ride!

Greyhound

Visit site
I like hacking alone personally, lets me get away from everything, I dont mind the odd gentle hack with people as long as they are normal and not the nutters!

Gh

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Bit of both really. Most of the time I hack on my own and really enjoy the time with the horse. Went out over the weekend with two friends though and had a great time. Lots of chat and laughs!!

Twiglet

Visit site
I'm a 'both'. I love hacking out with someone else, having a good gossip and putting the world to rights. It's the ultimate relaxation time.

But I also love going out on my own, just to chill out and spend time alone with my horse. I find I concentrate on my riding and what he's telling me more when we're on our own.
Also, if I'm stressed or troubled, it really helps me to think things through clearly.

Parkranger

Visit site
Sometimes its lovely going out on your own and having that bonding time with your horse but equally like going out with other people - it's all about having the choice really!

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Most of the time I like going on my own as like you say I can do what I like. Most of the people I hack with only want to walk and if the ground is good I like to have a bit of a charge about. Sometimes I do like the company though and don't want to be on my own, depends on my mood.

RobinHood

Visit site
I like hacking on my own because it's just me and my boy, but I also like hacking with my best friend because it's the only time we can have a proper natter. When I'm at the yard in the evenings I can't talk to her properly because there just isn't the itme.

evsj

Visit site
Hacking alone! Most of my hacks are schooling or interval training orientated anyway so someone else on another horse would probably find it too regimented - everytime i go for a hack with someone else we just end up nattering and walking all the way!!

Does sometimes worry me that if something happened to me on my own I could be in real danger. And if I fall off, despite 5 years of devoted loving care, my girl would stil not wait for me!! Once had a 3 mile trek across Salisbury Plain when the (not so) little cow left me in a heap and ran back to the yard!

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I love hacking on my own first thing in the morning, No traffic and loads of wildlife where I am - nearly always see deer. Had enough of the bloody pheasants though!! I do hack with others sometimes and it's nice but mostly alone.

Rachel_M

Visit site
I am loner on this one.

I like hacking simply to get the peace and quite. Not having to make conversation is always a relief.