Do you ride anywhere special on xmas day?

Blizzard

Visit site
I was wondering with the roads being quiet do you ride anywhere a bit special on Christmas day?

Im thinking of riding Lance over to my aunts (where we go for xmas lunch), its only about 4 miles each way.
smile.gif

maddielove

Visit site
I would love to hack home-but afraid my slow horse might land me in the forest in the pitch back!:p

There was a person at my old yard booked the school for a lesson on christmas day?!?!?! or so i believe...quite strange!

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
I wont be here for christmas.. going to scotland.. so mare will be on Full livery that week.. However I will be leaving her some extra special pressies and if anyone at the yard (all good riders ) wants to take her out for a wonder it will be fine. If not i'm sure she will enjoy a nice week off work

D

Donkeymad

We take out cob out for a drive and go through the town and down normally busy roads, we tend to get people looking out and waving. Depends really on if we get any Christmas Day bookings this year though.

zoesophie

Visit site
Nothing special this year but a few years ago we used to drive round our local village with our pony and pick up/drop off people at the pub so they could have a drink and not have to walk home
wink.gif

It was really nice coz all the kids used to come and give our pony a carrot (he and the cart were dressed up with tinsel (sp?) and prezzies!) and we got free mulled wine
grin.gif

zoesophie

Visit site
Yeah it was so cute to see all the kids faces. The driver was dressed as the big man in red himself and they tried to dress me up a a pixie - I was having none of it, I looked more like a micheline man with the amount of layers I had on!!
blush.gif
wink.gif

nemlin

Visit site
Last year my best mate and I rode straight down the main road to the beach, early (6:30 ish) and it was amazing! It normally takes us about an hour to hack to the beach cos we go the back roads, but it took only 20 mins and we had the beach all to ourselves for a damn good blast. We have made it our new tradition now
grin.gif

mrgoop

Visit site
I haven't ridden on christmas day, as i have always been in a relationship where i didn't feel i could disappear for a few hours without feeling selfish.
frown.gif

Was hoping to go this year with OH but now he's gone. So had already decided to go on my own, and enjoy myself!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Don't know where we will go...... and i don't care, we will go where we end up. Looking forward to it, and nothing except lousy weather is going to stop me this year!!!!
smirk.gif
laugh.gif

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Nowhere special, just really pleased at it being likely to get out at all! Normally things are just too rushed, this year my parents are coming to us, it makes sense as we are the ones with all the animals!

So I reckon we can get out for a quick round the block in the morning before they arrive, will take us 30 mins and involve a quick blast up the bridleway!

Nickijem

Visit site
Haven't been out on Christmas day since I hacked over to my mum's, let Jake have a nibble of grass on her front lawn and he trod on his reins, snapping his bridle!
shocked.gif

I was 3 miles from the yard with no bridle - fortunately I had a few spare bits of bridle in my old bedroom which I had to send my mum on a hunt for while I desparately tried to hold onto Jake with virtually no bridle!
crazy.gif

Might get out this year as its the first Christmas I've had Jerry.

Joya

Visit site
I took Gem to my nan's care home last year, it was lovely, everyone loved her...though they were all ill at the time, and my whole family caught it and were terribly sick all night and all of boxing day!

WeeBrown

Visit site
Well, I don't usually have a horse on Christmas day (Just bought my first one in May). I might however use her to escape the mad selection of people coming for dinner this year at my parent's place. It gets more bizaare as the years go on - worse than any soap!