Do You Think Anyone Would Be Interested in A Loan Like This?

Chavhorse

Visit site
This is strictly hypothetical at the moment and is not an advert I am simply interested in seeing what other peoples opinions are.

Vardi is a 7 year old 17hh Warmblood x appaloosa, he has severe side bones which are fully ossified and he has been totally sound for almost a year now.

He needs a very confident rider to give him confidence at the moment he is in an exercise livery with my good friend at her Riding school in Kent. He is working 6 days a week schooling and hacking out and she thinks with the right rider he is more than capable of doing Prelim and Novice Dressage and with the right rider could go even further. He is not suitable for jumping due to the side bones.

He hacks out well in company but we have not tried him out alone although is a very laid back chap outside so with patience and the right person he will in probability be fine.

I know in my heart of hearts that I am not a confident enough rider for him, I may be in time but at the moment he needs something more than I am capable of offering him.

I do not have any intention of selling him and any loan would have to be at his current yard which has a good outside school and great hacking, regular professional clinics, access to Stage I II and III BHS care and Ridden courses and examinations and people who regularly go to Shows and take part in the Winter Dressage league and also go to regular off site clinics with shared transport available. Lessons are offered at a discounted price for people with their own horse and are given by a BHSI level instructor.

I am only looking for a token contribution and sharing of chores and I would continue to cover his livery, insurance, vet, back, teeth farrier etc. Anyone taking him on would be able to ride as often as they like as if I found someone suitable I would take him off the exercise livery and put him into a part DIY livery. If everything works out this would be a long term arrangement.

Anyone interested would have have a couple of lessons on him with my friend who is the instructor at the yard who currently rides him and I will willingly pay for these to ensure they are a good and proper match.

Do you think anyone would be interested in taking this on? And if so where would be the best place to advertise for someone suitable.

joeanne

Visit site
Sounds like package to die for TBH!!!
You are willing to foot almost ALL the bills yet let someone have pretty much full use of your horse!
They will be lining up I think.....but dont do yourself out of pocket. Sharer could at least cover shoes and a share of livery bills!

ghostie

Visit site
I should think someone will bite your hand off! Yes, he'd be tricky to sell because of his health issues, but you're not asking the person to take responsibility for that so if they are confident and want to do some low level dressage he could be ideal. Cheaper than owning their own horse or a 'normal' loan and with a lot of backup in terms of access to tuition etc.

6 months ago I'd have been banging on your door if you were local to me (although you're not, and I have my own lovely boy now :) ). Whereabouts exactly are you?

I would be asking them to make a pretty reasonable contribution if I were you.

Chavhorse

Visit site
Thanks folks that gives me some hope;-)

I would dearly love to move him away from an excercise livery to a part DIY on one hand to give him the one on one attention he so deserves and will benefit from and on the other so I can lower his monthly costs a bit so I can get myself a schoolmaster type so I can start to enjoy my riding again, hopefully with a good boost of confidence i could then start to ride him again and enjoy it.

He is based at a yard near Sittingbourne Kent.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Sounds fine to me. I'd advertise at the place he's at, word of mouth, feed & tack shops, any other nearby big yards & with local riding clubs. Maybe free websites too. If that didn't work then look at paid websites. Just make sure you don't do yourself short, if he's being shared by a very competent person who's improving him loads its fair enough but otherwise ask for a bit more contribution.

Lady La La

Visit site
Plenty of people would kill for this, I certainly would have if it was closer to home!
I shouldn't think you'll have any problems in finding someone... but as Joeanne says, don't pay out more than you have to for someone else to enjoy your hoss. :)

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
Sounds perfect!! I'm sure you will have people queing up. I would definitley be interested but unfortunately I am swanley/ kent way so a little too far for me. Good luck in finding someone, I'm sure it wont be long before someone snaps up your beautiful boy!

trefnantblackknight

Visit site
Sounds like package to die for TBH!!!
You are willing to foot almost ALL the bills yet let someone have pretty much full use of your horse!
They will be lining up I think.....but dont do yourself out of pocket. Sharer could at least cover shoes and a share of livery bills!

Maybe if you put an advert up ask that only people with there own transport or that are over the age of 18 contact you - you wont believe the amount of people/kids i have had wasting my time :( Sounds like a great deal though :D

Irishbabygirl

Visit site
Definitely - and I think you're being very sensible asking for potential loaners to have lessons first with your instructor. Good luck!