do you think it is presumptuous?..........

seza

Visit site
If you had thought about selling there must be a reason. Stick to it and if people pay a decent price for a horse they are going to look after it. Sometimes you have to make the decision to move on. We have a horse that several people have approached us asking to buy. At the moment none have offered enough money but if someone did then we would take it. the horse could go out into the field tomorrow and break a leg and I would be forever wondering why I didn't sell.

JadeWisc

Visit site
sounds to me like you are talking about your animal a purely an "object" with a price on it's head. Far more complicated to me I'm afraid. I have emotion involved. If I ever lose that aspect in my horse ownership I feel I should stay well away from these living things.
Also...If a horse were to go out into the field and "break it's leg" on my watch...I truly think :awww darn , I wish I had sold him" would be the LAST thing running through my head.

dumb post, sorry

filly190

Visit site
Jade, people that have good knowledge and experience of horses can nearly tell from a lead up and loose schooling if its the horse for them. I have have bought a horse rough in a field before without even getting near it.

This lady most probably has little time and as we all know time is money. I would make your decision and let her come, she wont be the type to mess you around. She will come or buy or quickly walk away.

In the lady's favour she knows exactly what she wants and therefore with her (experience, lets hope) your horse will get a damm good home. The tyre kickers and messers of this world are the ones that could cause you the most problems, but not wanting the horse, coming several times etc etc.

For the price bracket you have advertised, which you say is high you are going to get people like this lady, go for it and dont worry, your horse will be in safe hands.