Do you wear jodhpurs?

Alibear

Visit site
Now a days is boot cut jeans usually, but occasionally jodhpurs when it's cold as I have a thermal pair :) Or if I'm at a more general or English clinic and I want to blend in a bit.
Before I switched it was always breeches as I'm short so the fit like jodhpurs on me :p

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I have to confess that I do not own a pair of "competition" white or fawn breeches or jods! Yes I'm a total disgrace to the horse world, I admit that freely! The only time I have "competed" at anything during the last 10 years was a TREC and/or Horse Agility competition, where no-one worries what colour jods you wear.

As I've got hopelessly short legs, I do find that breeches seem to be better for me in that they don't "bag" in the leg.

But I actually do like "pull-on" jods; in fact I'm wearing my winter/fleecy ones right now! Its still bleddi cold! Need 'em.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I tend to wear jods or breaches to ride in but I mainly wear skinny jeans in between as I can do my yard jobs and nip to the shops in them, I have been known to ride in them on the odd occasion when I can't be bothered to change.

Landcruiser

Visit site
Mostly for hacking out this winter I've been wearing a pair of hi viz/reflective bright orange workman's trousers, in a kind of robust sweatshirt material. They coat about £12.99 in a work clothes store and are very warm and comfy. Summer I wear cut off skinny jeans, shorts (heh heh heh - westen saddle :)) or old jods. Competing (TREC) I wear comfy old jods for the POR (orienteering) section, and riding tights or running tights for the PTV (obstacles).

Alibear

Visit site
I have to confess that I do not own a pair of "competition" white or fawn breeches or jods! Yes I'm a total disgrace to the horse world, I admit that freely! The only time I have "competed" at anything during the last 10 years was a TREC and/or Horse Agility competition, where no-one worries what colour jods you wear.

As I've got hopelessly short legs, I do find that breeches seem to be better for me in that they don't "bag" in the leg.

But I actually do like "pull-on" jods; in fact I'm wearing my winter/fleecy ones right now! Its still bleddi cold! Need 'em.

I'm so glad you commented on this post , with your forum name it had to happen :D But now we find out not only do you not wear jods but they are also not tight :eek:

Last edited:

McFluff

Visit site
I always wear full seat breeches when I'm at yard and riding. Can't cope with a seam between my leg and the saddle.

catkin

Visit site
Jods or breeches to ride in always - never ever jeans, they rough you up and ruin your saddle.

PS my jods are not exactly salubrious as they are mostly the 'interesting' colours that are in the cheapo bargain bins, and they soon get stained and snagged, and I keep them until they are falling to bits.

Identityincrisis

Visit site
Breeches or riding tights for riding but never for doing yard work. I don't ride in jeans because the inside seams might scratch the saddle.

This. I ride in jods but usually pull a pair of joggers over the top for yard work, mainly because I have sparrow legs and wellies look ridiculous on my legs with jods on

eggs

Visit site
Joggers / sweat pants for yard work and nearly always breeches to ride. I do sometimes wear riding tights but do prefer riding in breeches.

blitznbobs

Visit site
At home , almost literally whatever I’ve got on I will ride in, unless it’s officially ‘new’ or for work .. out and about it’s breeches .

It’s the one thing I don’t like about having my boy on training livery - I feel like I have to wear breeches to ride there

Otherwise

Visit site
Always ride in full seats, either breeches or riding tights. I wear breeches anytime I'm around a horse, I only own one pair of jeans so they're strictly non-horsey.

oldie48

Visit site
White breeches for comps, grey or navy breeches (also got a couple of pairs of riding tights too) for lessons, schooling or hacking. If not riding I wear old jeans. Skinny jeans are my absolute go to when not around horses, with boots or smart flats. Yes I am old, with skinny legs that fit skinny jeans quite well! I do not own a pair of Jodhs

staffylover

Visit site
I hate jodhpurs and breeches, mainly because they cling to your legs. And for the (ahem) fuller figure they are just not a good look. I ride in walking trousers of various thicknesses depending on the temperature, also in riding trousers, which are denim but loose fitting round the legs. In winter I swear by my Mountain Horse quilted riding trousers. Toasty warm and waterproof. Also great for walking in cold weather.

silv

Visit site
Always ride in breeches, I find them the most comfortable even on full day trail rides. Nowadays you can get some quite attractive looking ones. Have two pairs of white ones for competing that way if its a two day show there is a clean pair available for each day.

Mule

Visit site
Decathlon £11.99 basics all the time in near horses for me. Black for every day, white for competition. (Whose stupid idea was white!?)
I refuse to wear white, I wear beige. I also have a cream pair which imo are nicer than white.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Decathlon £11.99 basics all the time in near horses for me. Black for every day, white for competition. (Whose stupid idea was white!?)

Just tried on one of my four spare pairs and they're changed the sizing, so I've got four brand new pairs of size ten if anyone wants them for a tenner.

maisie06

Visit site
When I rode it was always jeans - usually wranglers, I have since given up riding due to being so obese and I would never ever wear jods - not a good look for a fattie like me!!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Breeches all the time. I don't change clothes between yard work & riding. I have ridden in jeans twice & my legs were in shreds both times. Never again.

Equi

Visit site
I have several. I don't pay much for them, they are all eBay "gallop" type ones. So they look joddy, but cost nothing! I remember when i was about 12 getting my first pair of harry halls, dad was like WTF £50 for a pair of pants that will get dirty in a second?! Never again! Thus ended my jod life haha! I did eventually get another harry hall pair when i was about 20, but they have been worn about twice. They cut me in two, but if i need them they are bloody worn.

I bruise like a peach, so i can't wear leggings etc anymore cause i just end up really sore.

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
When I was still able to ride I always wore jods, mostly bought in tack shop sales. I had one favourite pair in a very pale pinky-brown. I once gave a talk and showed a picture of me riding and I just happened to be wearing those jods. I asked if there were any questions and the first was 'are you wearing any bottoms in that picture?' Cue the whole room collapsing in hoots of laughter :oops: