Do you work in the equine industry, ride or own horses? If yes, this project may be of interest to you

alexander-knight

New User
Visit site
🐎
Do you work in the equine industry, ride or own horses? If yes, this project may be of interest to you
👇

My name is Alex Knight and I am a final year Bioveterinary Science student at Harper Adams University. This year I am completing a research project into the public perception of backing domestic horses for work and its effects.

If you are involved in the UK equine industry either through horse ownership, riding for recreation/sport or employment, I would be extremely grateful if you could please take a few minutes to complete my questionnaire.

This project has been approved through the Research Ethics processes at Harper Adams University.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and your participation is greatly appreciated!

https://app.onlinesurveys.jisc.ac.uk/s/harper-adams/public-perception-of-backing-domestic-horses

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sorry, you lost me at the statement that racehorse are backed at 18 months to 2 years. This is only true of flat racers. Horses intended from the start for National Hunt racing are frequently "stores" and not backed until much later.

I also can't pick a year when horses "should" be backed. They should be backed when they are physically ready and after that when it suits the owner.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
🐎
👇

My name is Alex Knight and I am a final year Bioveterinary Science student at Harper Adams University. This year I am completing a research project into the public perception of backing domestic horses for work and its effects.

If you are involved in the UK equine industry either through horse ownership, riding for recreation/sport or employment, I would be extremely grateful if you could please take a few minutes to complete my questionnaire.

This project has been approved through the Research Ethics processes at Harper Adams University.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and your participation is greatly appreciated!

https://app.onlinesurveys.jisc.ac.uk/s/harper-adams/public-perception-of-backing-domestic-horses
Who approved this? A non equestrian tutor?
As mentioned above, the questions are closed or leading with absolutely no allowance to add anything or even put a more sensible logical response, such as the groundwork question, the racehorse question (as ycbm mentions).
I won't complete this, its impossible to respond in a responsible way.