Dobermann x GSP

ponyparty

Visit site
Arrrgh just seen a fb post that has me wanting to bang my head against a brick wall! I know this guy and I know he’s doing his best to find a suitable home that he can trust for the dog; just a shame it’s got to that point anyway 😔

I mean for starters, why create that cross?!
And then why buy a large (cross)breed with the genetics of two high drive breeds, if you have 4 kids and no time? 🤔

You can just imagine what this dog is like, behaviour-wise. Bouncy, boisterous and bored out of his mind. If someone knowledgable with the time to devote to training him doesn’t get him soon, he’s going to end up as yet another problem dog in kennels. Breaks my heart, he’s gorgeous.

9311C7D1-9614-4137-82D9-5E3E2D713B42.pngB496E5C4-B471-4657-89D4-F25603EB3F8C.jpeg

ponyparty

Visit site
I’ve advised him to perhaps contact a bred specific rescue or one of the breed clubs - I know he’s a X but they might still be interested. I’ll mention Canicross/Bikejoring (is that how you spell it?!) too as an idea, good thinking!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
She’s got 4 kids then 3 in his reply to a query. Does he not know how many kids his ‘sister’ has? Did she not know she had that many when she got the dog?! Poor lad, I hope he finds a lovely active home.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
He looks very much like a dog (Dobe x) that came into the rescue I fostered for and he was rehomed to someone who did Canicross very successfully too, they often sent updates of him and he was just made for it.

honetpot

Visit site
I rehomed a rotti xGSD at 10 months off Facebook. She had three children on of which was about three.
It’s the same story, friend has cute litter of puppies, they all look small, after 10mnths in a small house they realise there is just not enough room.
She has been a wonderful dog, a bit like Nana out of Peter Pan, likes us all together so we are safe.
I would say her only fault is that as she was spoilt by children she still thinks she is tiny and can sit on your knee. At nearly 50kg that’s just not possible.
At 10months I think the situation is retrievable, it’s the pointer bit that would worry me.
I just wish they would stop breeding but it’s easy money at £300 for a cross bred. If I could duplicate my girl I would have puppies but common sense tells me I could end up with nine and I could not keep them all.
I refuse to buy dogs so I am always on the look out for a replacement as the older dog has only realistically got a couple of years. It will take some selling having three.

vallin

Visit site
If I could afford to have another he looks just like what I'm after! (i.e. a second dog some the OH and I both have one for canicross and hiking and Daisy has a friend in the house! )

How have they not had the dog off lead in 10 months?!

Also, is he sure it's doberman x GSP? looks very much like our lab x gsp!

1567189124884.png

Last edited:

maisie06

Visit site
If I could afford to have another he looks just like what I'm after! (i.e. a second dog some the OH and I both have one for canicross and hiking and Daisy has a friend in the house! )

How have they not had the dog off lead in 10 months?!

Also, is he sure it's doberman x GSP? looks very much like our lab x gsp!

View attachment 36064

That is one beautiful looking dog....

vallin

Visit site
Daisy says thank you for all the kind comments! We love her 🙂 (even if she was a ridiculous choice for my 60 year old MIL who originally bought her 😂 )

pippixox

Visit site
it makes me furious when people say they have no time because of kids!
thats how we ended up with a 2 year old collie who had never left a house!
the lady had 3 kids, 2 at school. apparently had 'no time'. as a mum of two under 3 I know how much they fill your day, but there is always time to chuck the kids in a buggy or on a bike/scooter and walk the dog! if anything I have more time because I have kids as I am not at work all week.
rant over!
if I had room.....

ponyparty

Visit site
He has now "found a loving home" apparently (not through Canicross). I'm not particularly confident that the new "loving home" will actually be a suitable home. Can't do anything about that though.

Makes me angry when they say no time because of kids too, particularly when clearly they knew they had kids when the dog came along. It's not like kids were just unexpectedly dropped on them.

Gorgeous dog, Vallin! Don't know how they haven't let it off lead in 10 months, can you imagine how hyper it must be. No wonder they wanted rid of it, poor thing.

Sorry for late reply, been away at camp all weekend.