Does a horse have to have had flu vaccinations to be registered with BD?

rubyrumba

Visit site
My 4 year old has only ever had tetanus as the vet said when he was a foal that that would be fine until he was out and about. I want to start dressage with him this winter, I'm going to get him vaccinated for flu anyway but can I register him without it being done? Thanks in advance.

Polotash

Visit site
Page 14 of 2012 rulebook:

Equine influenza vaccination
A valid passport must accompany the horse to all competitions and be produced on request; failure to
comply with these requirements is a disciplinary offence and will debar the horse from competing at the
Event for which it has been entered.
A horse will not be permitted to compete unless:
a) It has a current vaccination against equine influenza which complies with the following
conditions:
i) Two injections for primary vaccination, not less than 21 days and not more than 92 days apart,
are required before being eligible to compete;
ii) A first booster injection must be given not less than 150 days nor more than 215 days after the
second injection of primary vaccination;
iii) Subsequent booster injections must be given at intervals of not more than one year,
commencing after the first booster injection.
iv) Any relevant injection was given not less than seven days from the commencement of the
competition
The Record of Vaccination(s) in the horse’s passport must be completed by the appropriate
veterinary surgeon (who is neither the Owner nor the Rider of the horse) in which the record of
injection(s) is completed, signed and stamped line by line.
For those competing under FEI rules please refer to the FEI rules.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
My 4 year old has only ever had tetanus as the vet said when he was a foal that that would be fine until he was out and about. I want to start dressage with him this winter, I'm going to get him vaccinated for flu anyway but can I register him without it being done? Thanks in advance.

Yes I have just registered and didn't have to produce vaccination only at comp as detailed above.