Does anyone else have no friends :S

Clannad48

Visit site
I know that we are not in your area but several of the local x country courses have the same rules, however as long as I accompany my daughter (she rides, I walk) there is no problem. Admittedly it would be more fun with someone else on horseback but it is an option worth asking about.

dollymix

Visit site
You could also offer to help at events.
this is just what I was going to say - volunteering at your local riding club, or equestrian event on show/event days - you will meet loads of horsey folks and make lots of friends! You might even meet someone like you who is on a quiet yard and looking for someone to go and do things with....they might even have transport to pick you up so you don't have to rely on your dad :)

Marydoll

Visit site
I have friends i can ride with but i love riding and schooling on my own, i can work through the things i need to and concentrate on areas to improve and when i want to welly it along the fields ive not got someone shouting to go slower or wait up. I usually take time to process my day and unwind when hacking, i enjoy my horses company
If i want to go to the beach or something i usually buddy up but only occassionally.

Hippona

Visit site
Well.....I'm very near you, and I'd love to get out more with mine, but I don't have asuitable trailer...I'll have to work on it.

There's an endurance club near us I keep fancying joining...jumping is not really my thing but as long as I can go around I'd be happy;)

RubysGold

Visit site
Hippona, which endurance group?
Batgirl, totally off topic but Arnie looks beautiful!
Hey Terrierliz, would be good to see you :)

Will try getting more involved at events and such, Im quite shy though, so will need to push myself into it! Im much better at hiding behind the horse :p

Sounds like quite a few people in Yorkshire would like to meet up :) Would be great to see some people! :D Ill see if my dad can give me a date when he can take me out and maybe we can arrange something :)

Solstar

Visit site
Red-1, what is the name of the app that you mention? That would be perfect for me when I'm at the yard on my own!

If anyone is near me, I'm in a small village just outside Tadcaster and would love someone to come and ride out with me! Moved from a huge livery yard to a private yard and although its absolutely perfect in every way, I could do with a kick up the butt to hack out. He's only 4 so maybe by the end of summer we'll be upto xc or the beach!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Red-1, what is the name of the app that you mention? That would be perfect for me when I'm at the yard on my own!

!

Funnily enough we had a look after a HHO thread. There are apps for bikes and horse riders. The horse riders one is more expensive *rollseyes*, but I still bought it as it has adjustable sensitivity. I have it so I can sit on my horse and chat and it is silent, but if I actually stop and rest (as in unconscious) it goes off. It also sounds a loud alarm before ringing OH, so no false alarms yet when I have taken my phone off and left it on the table.

It is called Horse Rider SOS.

RubysGold

Visit site
Fides I will be your friend :) I definitely don't hate you :)

Red1 I heard about that app but sometimes I do stop to chat so I thought it would end up sending loads of false alarms lol! Good to hear that it doesn't :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I don't hate you-christ, I bought a horse from abroad-see they'll all hate me instead now :D

and a pedigree dog from a breeder.

have a rescue cat though = redemption !?

Well I can trup the lot of you - everyone hates me because my horse lives on his own...... everyone hates me except my horse it seems, he seems to quite like me;)

edgedem

Visit site
have look at the Riding Buddies group on Facebook. when I first moved to Somerset I had my first horse and no friends at all! I went on a hack with a lovely lady near me and from then on met friend after friend, one of my best friends now is from her same yard! its lovely :) they will hook you up together with someone in your area and you can just go for a plod and see how it goes.

madlady

Visit site
Will someone be my friend? Everyone hates me at the moment :( postcode OL13

Oh you are quite near me and some of my horsey friends, I'm over in Denshaw but some friends of mine are Littleborough/Todmorden way :) I'm sure a meet up could be arranged!

DanceswithCows

Visit site
Danceswithcows, at both xc places you can go round the jumps :) Is Ted the cow, does he act/live/load like a horse? Lol

Yup ted is one of my oxen (trained cattle) - my primary ride atm. Nah he doesn't much live or act like a horse, he's been raised with bovines and acts like one of them, and when he's not working he lives a normal cow-y life with the main herd or his oxbuddies at the very least.....and he loads great! haha ETA he always travels loose though, they are much more flexible and willing to go down on their knees than horses so partitions = bad idea, and ropes could get tangled in his horns and snap them off.

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
I'm near Driffield but have my own transport so happy to come out and play with anyone! Have a fairly sensible veteran if anyone needs a nanny horse. We don't jump anymore, but happy to razz round XC courses and avoid the jumps!

RubysGold

Visit site
I think I pm'd you earlier fjordhorse :) If it went through :)

Fascinating Danceswithcows. Im scared of cows, we have to ride through a field and many a time I have sat on my horse flapping and squealing at them while jimmy just walks straight past them, would be interesting to see a "tame" one lol

Fides do you have a riding horse/transport?

DanceswithCows

Visit site
haha - you realise flapping and squealing is just the kind of thing to attract their curiosity right? :p try a short sharp hiss, it's something a venomous creature in nature would do so the don't tend to stick around, it's what I do to get some personal space if I'm wading through them (and I wade through 280 on a daily basis) and works a treat!

jm2k

Visit site
ive never had as many horse friends as i do now in over 20 years of owning horses, and only since joining my local RC! They are a mad and fab bunch of people and by volunteering at some events they hold or the area shows, you get to know even more from neighbouring clubs.

NellRosk

Visit site
RG where are you?! I'm in West Yorks and always looking to take my young mare out for experience and would love to go XC training with you if you're not far, or we could meet somewhere! PM me if you want :)

RubysGold

Visit site
Danceswithcows, Im convinced Im facing imminent death whenever they are near me haha.

Nellrosk I am near Castleford, just a few miles out (that's the nearest town)

Fides, get nagging oh so you can come out :D

So, dad has basically told me he wont take me out on weekends :| HMPH
So I am going to nag him until he agrees on a Saturday to take me to Howden and a Saturday to take me to the beach (I work sundays)
Once I have a date, Ill let you all know, and anyone that can join me, let me know :D

Think xc will be august and beach will be end of September/start of October, so less people are there :)