Does anyone else's bitch...

lindsayH

Visit site
want to go out for a wee every 5 seconds when in season? Mine's driving me mad whining. Roll on summer when I can leave the door open. SHUT UP ISLAY, YOU WENT OUT 20MINS AGO! Sigh *goes to let dog out*

180.jpg

lindsayH

Visit site
Yey, great name! Did you see it's made the top 100 (human) girls name list this year? 2 friends have had babies this year and called them Islay, I keep annoying them by thanking them for naming their children after my dog!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I'm sorry to be doom and gloom, the only one of my bitches that have done like that, was doing it because she was in the beginning stages of a pyometra, which ended in her being sterilized, but she was 9 years old when it happened.

If it was my bitch, I would probably take her to the vet tomorrow or sooner.

Edited To Add My bitches also wants to pee a lot more when we are out, in the garden or on walks, and they are in season <u>but</u> they have never wanted to go out for extra pees when we are indoors, except when what is described above happened. /ETA

lindsayH

Visit site
She always does it when she's in season so nothing to worry about, but thank you. A pyo is more common in a bitch your dogs age and usually happens in the weeks following a season rather than during. Just so much more annoying when you're tucked up under 3 layers of blankets in a freezing house!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
If she has always done like that then it is one thing but age is hard to tell on a photo and I thought better safe than sorry since, though I haven't experienced it with any of mine, I know of bitches having pyo as young as 1 year old.