Does anyone else's horse do this?

Soup Dragon

Visit site
People are always suprised when she stretches like this.

Surely she can't be the only pony to so it.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1750042576

Last edited:

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Yes, I've seen many do it. M would do it while you were aboard which always provoked insane laughter on my part.

heebiejeebies

Visit site
I used to ride a pony who would do this while ridden, followed by one of those full body shakes that starts at the head and works all the way back to the tail with a big grunt! Much to my hilarity of course :D

PandorasJar

Visit site
I have three who do. One of them gets front end right down like a cat. She also turns booting something into a stretch so as not to get told off :D

One other who walks along doing the full leg stretch like a cat.

I envy them as both look very satisfying.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I used to ride a pony who would do this while ridden, followed by one of those full body shakes that starts at the head and works all the way back to the tail with a big grunt! Much to my hilarity of course :D

Yes I loved it when mine did that... I don't know why but I always gave it a special effect noise - "brrrrrrrrrr" :D

sandi_84

Visit site
Yup a family who I know's pony does this after being tacked up (he makes sure everything is to his liking ;)) and I would always forget and nearly have a heart attack when leading him out of his stable and you see his head go down all of a sudden ha ha! :rolleyes::D

Visit site
I have three who do. One of them gets front end right down like a cat. She also turns booting something into a stretch so as not to get told off :D

They are beggers arnt they!! Bob has been know to extend a rear leg right back after it has hovered before now!

Vinney

Visit site
Yes, my four year old gelding does this. He does it in the mornings when he is getting ready to go out to the field. The only diffference is he crosses his front legs.

Boxers

Visit site
Perfectly normal. Daughter's old pony used to do it when you took his rugs off. Every time without fail. He got so low his elbows nearly touched the floor!

Joyous70

Visit site
:D my old boy does it - he has done it when ive been on board before now too. I think its so sweet, he makes a lovely big sigh when he does it as well, just as though hes getty all comfy.

Nicnac

Visit site
My tb does it every morning just before breakfast whether it's winter morning in his stable or on 24/7 summer turnout. He then has a wee. Such a man of habit :p

LadyLuck1977

Visit site
Mine does this or when you lift her front legs after doing up the girth as soon as I have a hold of one leg down she goes, nearly had a heart attack the first time she did it.

Mynyddcymro

Visit site
My little section a mare does it, to the point where her chest is about an inch from the floor. Followed by stretching each hind leg right out behind her. A routine she carries out most mornings!

leflynn

Visit site
My TB does it forwards and backwards and he stretch his legs indivdually into some odd angles for itching purposes - half cat/half TB? :D

nosenseofdirection

Visit site

One other who walks along doing the full leg stretch like a cat.

I envy them as both look very satisfying.

Mine does both these. She was definitely a cat in a previous life. Has a cat's work ethic too :rolleyes: