Does anyone feed Arden Grange?

{97702}

Visit site
I usually feed Skinners Duck & Rice, but recently I had to buy some dog food urgently and Skinners wasn’t available, so I bought Arden Grange chicken and rice instead. I’ve got to say I’ve been quite impressed! Sorry for TMI but the poos have been smaller and firmer, and the dogs all seem to like it - so I’ve ordered a couple more sacks

From what I can find online it seems to be reasonable quality, not fantastic but not awful? Does anyone have any knowledge of it, and is there anything I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance

Chiffy

Visit site
As you say, it’s middle of the road according to Allaboutdogfood. If it suits your dogs, go for it. A few people on my flatcoat facebook group feed it . At least it’s better than the dreaded Royal Canin that the vets all push!

Chiffy

Visit site
Levrier, it scores the same as Skinners but I was taught that when looking at ingredients the first named should be meat/fish. This is correct for Arden Grange but Skinners have brown rice first and then duck meal, not even proper meat, so on that evidence I would say AG is better!

Shady

Visit site
Me Lev !
Loki was on it first and it sorted out his anal problem and the vet always said he looked amazing . Now both Jess and Nickel are on it , Nickel from a pup and Jess from 2 years ago. She used to not be bothered by her food but she loves AG and still looks and moves like a young dog. Nickel's coat is super and he is well muscled and fit. Iv'e tried many different sorts of dried food including the holistic and really expensive ones but this seems to agree with them both and they keep their weight fairly constant on it. No dodgy stomachs either.
They are both on the chicken and rice, haven't tried the others except I did trial the large size option as it has a few extra ingredients to help joints but I swapped back to the normal size( think Jessie got the farts on it)
I get from Zoo Plus, they offer the best price on it ( for me, may be different for you)
I like it Lev, I think it's a good middle range option with nothing nasty in it xx

Clodagh

Visit site
Levrier, it scores the same as Skinners but I was taught that when looking at ingredients the first named should be meat/fish. This is correct for Arden Grange but Skinners have brown rice first and then duck meal, not even proper meat, so on that evidence I would say AG is better!

I think I said that on here before, but apprently meal is pure meat, so better than just 'meat'. I am hopeless at searching on here but will see if I can find the answer.

Clodagh

Visit site
Quick google reply (I specified chicken)
Chicken meal is the dry rendered product from a combination of clean chicken flesh and skin with or without accompanying bone, derived from whole carcasses of chicken, exclusive of feathers, heads, feet and entrails. ... Chicken meal is ground up chicken meat that has been carefully dried to a moisture level of 10%.

madamebonnie

Visit site
I feed my sensitive Border T on it. She is amazing on it, we tried all sorts of grain free options. Although this isn't grain free, there is evidence to say tinned food denatures the proteins enough not to cause an intolerance. So working on this theory it works for us.

Auslander

Visit site
Bruno was on the AG Sensitive for years, and did very well on it. Just swapped him onto Wolfworthy due to a hunger strike (he does this periodically, no reflection on AG) which is going down a storm, still!

Asha

Visit site
our golden retriever has been on it for ages now. He has a very sensitive tummy, and we have struggled to find the right stuff, but AG suits him perfect. He hasn't had a bloat since hes been on it. The cats also love it,im always finding the little buggers in the sack scoffing it .

vallin

Visit site
A friend has her lab and her jrt x pug (don't ask!) in it and they both do really well on it. She buys it from Amazon weirdly - says that's the cheapest place she could find it.

{97702}

Visit site
Thanks all for your positive reports 😊 I’m so pleased that nobody has reported anything negative, I know one sort of food wont suit every dog but lots of good reports here

Let’s hope the hounds dont suddenly go off it now 😄

numptynovice

Visit site
My new hound arrived yesterday with a very sensitive stomach, very bad diahorrea, put him on Arden Grange Sensitive on the advice of the Greyhound Rescue and this evening he is doing what’s approaching a normal poo (I almost took a photo and sent it to the Rescue lady I was so pleased 🤢😂). So very limited experience but positive so far - and it’s also what the Rescue use for hounds with sensitive stomachs so I’d have thought they know their stuff.

{97702}

Visit site
My new hound arrived yesterday with a very sensitive stomach, very bad diahorrea, put him on Arden Grange Sensitive on the advice of the Greyhound Rescue and this evening he is doing what’s approaching a normal poo (I almost took a photo and sent it to the Rescue lady I was so pleased 🤢😂). So very limited experience but positive so far - and it’s also what the Rescue use for hounds with sensitive stomachs so I’d have thought they know their stuff.

LOL the things that pet owners do..... I would have been the same :D I do hope he carries on being OK on it!

Karran

Visit site
It didn't suit Mrs Spaniel at all. I'm sure for other dogs it would have been fine but I was desperate to get weight on her at the time and it failed in that mission despite feeding double the recommended amount. (Tbf though pretty much every dry food I tried then also failed to get the weight on!)