Does anyone feed Burns - any thoughts??

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Hi All,

Took Freddie to the Vets yesterday for his jabs and was discussing diet with vet. He is currently fed Wainwrights dry and she recommended switching to Burns - I have looked it up and it doesn't seem to contain any cr*p.

Just wondered if anyone fed it or had any thoughts on it??

Thankees :)

galaxy

Visit site
Yup I feed it! Have done for about 6 months. Really good. His poos are much firmer and consistant. Good weight etc etc.

He's currently on Pork and potato which he's done the best one (has been on high energy lamb and lamb and rice).

Although I am planning on trying to feed him RAW because I think it would be even better for him. I will keep some for when I just can't do the RAW bit.

ETA you can get it a LOT cheaper on line! RRP £46, £37 (incl P&P) online!

Last edited:

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Cool thanks for this. I was thinking of the Chicken or the Fish one with brown rice.

He does get some RAW - mainly a bone at the weekend but its just not practical for us to feed it all the time as I don't have the freezer space (we have a v small freezer!). He does get Sardines, eggs, tuna once or twice a wk.

Wet food really upsets his tummy for some reason - tried Wainrights & Naturesdiet and the results aren't pleasant!! Last bout coincided with visit to the vet & she has given him a 5 day course of pro-biotic to settle his tum and balance out his gut bacteria.

galaxy

Visit site
Give their feed line a call. They're really helpful.

I chose the pork and potato as I was wanting to cut out grain (which I felt wasn't natural for them). But it still does have a small amount of maize in it.

I would feed him Orijen if I could afford it. But £70 a bag is too much!

dragonflys

Visit site
Hi, I feed my 5 month old puppy Burns and she is doing very well on it.
I had recurrent gut and poo problems with every other feed i tried, but on Burns her poos are solid and consistent.
She is also a bit of a scavenger but the Burns seems to still keep her poos ok regardless of what ever other c**p she eats.

She is on the puppy version, and i thought i would gradually change her over to the growing dog version as she is quite skinny (she is a border collie), this has more protein in, but it was like she had a rocket up her backside, she was hyper in everysense, so i have cut that down atm, otherwise totally happy with it.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Mines a BC too although he's 3 - protein levels look pretty comparible (sp?) with what he's on now so hopefully he will be fine.

Will give it a whirl and see how he goes anyway.

Thanks everyone :)

hottoddy

Visit site
Have a look at Lily's Kitchen. My parsons jack russell was a very skinny, fussy eater and constantly itching till I changed her onto this

galaxy

Visit site
galaxy23 - HOW MUCH :eek: ???!!

Check your suppliers - I truly hope this isn't going to be seen as advertising (as i'm not telling you where I work ;) ) but we don't sell it for anything like that...!

That's how much it was when I google it back in March?

If you sell online and it's reasonable pm me!!!!

Nicki85

Visit site
We have a constantly very hungry Springer who we feed burns. We were recomended by the vet to feed the high oats diet as it is supposed make them feel less hungry. We have noticed a really big difference. When she was on the normal (chicken and rice I think) she was hungry constantly and would constantly activley hunt for food (including jumping on furniture, ripping bin out, eating tissues etc) but now she is far less hungry and will settle!

We do add warm water to ours though as she I think its best to serve it wet if poss!