Does anyone feed Seaquim elite - seaweed supplement?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I would check the iodine and iron levels in your grazing before feeding seaweed.

ycbm

Visit site
Because seaweed is high in iron and iodine and both are harmful in excess. Iodine causes thyroid issues and iron integers with copper absorption, and through that with insulin regulation. Most UK grazing is already too high in iron.

pepsimaxrock

Visit site
She already gets equitop myoplast as a supplement in which the main ingredient is seaweed. I thought feeding seaweed would be OK replacement for this expensive supplement.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the main ingredient in Myoplast is actually Lysine, but I'm happy to stand corrected :) Myoplast is, as far as I remember about my research is mainly sugar and ingredients that have lysine. Its been a fair few years since I looked at it properly and my memory is terrible! But I do remember opting for straight lysine or at least straight something over Myoplast!

TGM

Visit site
The main ingredients in Equitop Myoplast are spirulina (which is an algae not a seaweed) and sugar. Spirulina is high in good quality protein, containing all the essential amino acids, including lysine.

ycbm

Visit site
She already gets equitop myoplast as a supplement in which the main ingredient is seaweed. I thought feeding seaweed would be OK replacement for this expensive supplement.

Just feed spiulina, good quality, instead. Equitop is an outrageous rip-off especially bought from a vet. My vet tried to get me to buy it and I wrote to Equitop and asked for their research that it worked. Their reply? It's a food supplement, not a medication, we don't have to prove it works.

pepsimaxrock

Visit site
Well feeding spirulina is no cheaper than the myoplast. The seaweed smells dreadful. Another mistake to chalk up to experience. I'd rather take her off the myoplast slowly than feed that! X