Does anyone go XC Schooling on their own?

Stenners

Visit site
I meant with someone on foot but no other horses? I was meant to be out this weekend but my friend has cancelled but still tempted to go but never been without other horses accompanying me! Not that my mare needs a lead but usually helps my confidence and nice to go with others!

millitiger

Visit site
Yes, most of the time.
Just don't recommend if you're on a youngster on its first xc school as nice to have a nanny/ lead

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yes, went last week on my own (with someone on foot for safety). Had a great time just doing my own thing. Only issue is if you have a problem and could do with a lead (into water etc.) but if your horse is pretty genuine/experienced then I wouldnt think twice about it. I found it more relaxing as there weren't other horses tanking about.

Abacus

Visit site
I often do. Especially if you travel together and/or the horses live together, they can be clingy and harder to get focussed if their friend isn't nearby. So for training I think it's better although for a jolly, it's more fun to have someone else riding.

Roxylola

Visit site
Yes, I've been plenty of times solo. And subject to me being sensible and keeping everything well within what I know I can jump I happily go completely alone but I'm not jumping anything massive and know my boys well

nikkimariet

Visit site
Yes. There’s someone on the yard and I always tell another person when I’ve started jumping and what time to expect me to message after.

I might be brave on Rooni for a dressage dove but I’m not stupid, I’m not in it to jump anything huge and stack it.

muddybay

Visit site
I prefer going alone with someone on foot as I have a horse that gets way too excited when asked to wait when their friend jumps!