Does anyone here have a horsey blog?

Pigeon

Visit site
Just to warn you guys I got an infraction for posting my blog on this thread, advertising apparently :rolleyes3:

Some people (whoever's been button pushing) really have no life!

Equinus

Visit site
I used to avoid blogs, wondering why anyone would bother to read of a stranger's life. But I started to read them when researching life in Bulgaria when we were trying to decide if we wanted to move here. I think they are a great way of reading of others' experiences in whatever you want to do, whether horse related or not. There is a blog for everyone.

I now do one myself, not horse related as I don't have one now, but about our own experiences of upping sticks and moving abroad. I am surprised how many read it, from all over the world, as the idea originally was to do it for family and friends and because my memory aint what it was!

So I would say go for it, someone may benefit from your successes and mistakes.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Yep :) Ours is here: https://www.facebook.com/DiamondsintheRoughDressage

We upload pics and schooling/lesson/competition reports. There is usually one update per day (the fun never stops ;) ).

I love catching up on others peoples horses progress etc, and appreciate the insight into their training/management. It's a great way to bounce ideas off people too - I've had a lot of helpful comments regarding feed for Fig lately.

(It is my understanding that linking to a blog/page/whatever is fine as long as you're not generating any revenue by doing so. IE products available for purchase directly from that person, or the advertising of schooling/training and so on).

Me and PS make zero pennies from ours. It's nice just to be able to share, and be proud of the horses and their journey!

Tinypony

Visit site
Just to warn you guys I got an infraction for posting my blog on this thread, advertising apparently :rolleyes3:

Some people (whoever's been button pushing) really have no life!

I thought the point of the "no advertising" rule was that no advertising should take place when it could be paid income for H+H. Surely sharing a link to a blog is like sharing a link to an on-line diary in most cases? No income made. No loss of advertising revenue for H+H.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
That's true if it is indeed a link to a blog. When the first post on said "blog" reads "My rates are: . . . " then I guess that most people would see that as advertising! As, it seems, no-one else on the thread has been notified then they presumably are not linking to a commercial page. Certainly the rules used to be that there could be no links to commercial sites in sigs.

nikkimariet

Visit site
I love the Diamonds in the Rough Dressage facebook page, your pictures are beautiful and you always look so perfect, my connemara and I aspire to be just like Fig and Pea <3 we've got a long way to go, haha x
http://geegeeandme.blogspot.co.uk/

Aww thanks :)

I had a Connie when I was younger, loved him! He's just made his unaff PSG debut :) Our livery also has a Connie and he is lovely!