Does anyone here play polo?

Solari

Visit site
I recently started polo classes and after around 4 years of doing riding/dressage lessons, I've been totally blown away by polo.

Does anyone else here play?

Starzaan

Visit site
I do. Well, I was a polo groom for a very long time, and stick and balled the ponies and got to play fairly regularly. I am crap at the sport itself really, but I am at my happiest when on a polo pony. They're the BEST.

BallyJ

Visit site
My Boyfriend played professionally for a while.

Left when he moved back to the UK as he felt it wasn't really Polo, more of a rich man paying people to play alongside to make him look good.

Which is a shame because he was actually really good and he does really enjoy it.

live2ride

Visit site
I played loads when at uni and it was a little cheaper (student rates) , and still play now though.. heading into my 5th year playing!

Absolutely love it, very addictive. I’m a polo player and dressage rider.

Equi

Visit site
You bring up a good point...its sort of the unspoken about horse sport, you only hear of it when its the royals playing! I have never witnessed it before or even heard of anyone who plays it in real life!

frazzled

Visit site
Me , I play. It is absolutely addictive. Love arena polo during the winter as well. Polo ponies are the most amazing animals to ride.
It’s actually a lot more accessible than you would imagine.

Last edited:

Cherryblossom

Visit site
I played at uni and absolutely loved it. Sadly you have to play right handed, so as a leftie I was more enthusiastic than talented! When I moved back to NI, there wasn’t really a polo scene(unless you owned your own string of ponies) so I stopped... but now there is a growing scene I might go back to it.

DressageCob

Visit site
I played at uni and groomed for a string so got to play in some tournaments as their player. I played later as a freelance player, which was good fun.

But now, with my bionic shoulder I don't have the range to play as I did before, so I have lost the passion.