Does anyone know any results from the brightwells foal auction last night ??

parkside

Visit site
I have marked all prices and not solds in the ring. Quality was very mixed...there was a fab Cashpoint and a super Arko....let me know specifics and I can post prices

Gucci_b

Visit site
Was a good evening and went on till midnight. The highest price paid last night (that I saw) was for the highest placed show jumper foal of the futurity to date, Gamble Scais auctioned for £9000, also another futurity show jumper foal Delaroche Landmeister, dam sire Randi auctioned for £2400. A friend also had a good price for their dressage foal ;)

parkside

Visit site
Sleepy u r right we had a table and just checked prices.however there was much running of bids and the not sold prices were in no way reflected by true bid prices x

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Lots 3) 1,900 NS, 4) 6,500 NS, 5) 6k, 6) 1,900, 7) 3k, 8) - £600 pony colt, 9) 8,200, 10) 2,400, 11) 2,900, 12) 4,400 13) 3k, 14) 7,500 NS, 16) 1,800, 17) 4,800, 19) 3,800 NS

TBB

Visit site
Is it just me or is it very early in the year for a foal sales? I always thought the Goresbridge one in October was early enough! Are the foals weaned? or do they return home with their dams to be delivered later in the year?

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Is it just me or is it very early in the year for a foal sales? I always thought the Goresbridge one in October was early enough! Are the foals weaned? or do they return home with their dams to be delivered later in the year?

They are insured then collected, this is arranged with the mare owner

Touchwood

www.touchwoodstud.co.uk
We sold a foal for a client - the foals are still on the mares and return home until weaning. TBH - I think the timing is good, most foals are still looking decent, you wouldn't want to try and sell gawky weanlings.
Although the prices still low for some of the breeding you are buying, I thought the whole 'vibe' was an improvement on last year, more of a feeling of optimism.

There were also some super mares on offer, we came home with one for a client (unfortunately we didn't have the foresight to bring a bigger lorry, so had to drop mare and foal home and return the same night to get the mare! 4am finish...lovely - not!)

I would have liked to see the loose jumpers go higher - some were clearly scopey, and it makes for a better display for the crowds to pop the fence up a bit for those talented enough.

Full marks to Brightwells though - we need to have a bit of push to get buyers more comfortable purchasing at auction. Its a great opportunity to see a selection of horses all in one place, in a professional environment.

Touchwood

www.touchwoodstud.co.uk
Yes, I wrote that they sold well....maybe I missed something, but I thought they sold for far more than that (it sounded from the auctioneer that they had sold!), I even wrote in my catalogue that they were sold, I wrote everything down.