Does anyone know of a flyspray that actually works?

Dolphin

Visit site
As the title says really. I'm sure this has been covered on here before but I am spending a fortune on them at the moment, trying brand after brand but none of them seem to do anything at all!

rema

Visit site
I make my own.I use 1.5ltr of cold stewed tea(5 teabags)
10ml bottle of Citronella
500ml of Vinegar put it all into a 2 ltr bottle and pour into a spray bottle as and when needed.The lot costs about a £1.00
grin.gif
And it works brilliantly.

Amphetamine

New User
Visit site
I've always used absorbine ultrashield and never had much of a problem. A bit pricey at times depending on where you get it though. I've noticed a new one on their website called duraguard but I probably wont get a chance to try it.

Louby

Visit site
We tried coopers last year and didnt think it was much better than the rest, also tried Deosan (deosect) and it just isnt working. Im on a homenade version at the mo but Im going to make Remas recipe tonight.
Oh found some Leovet (I think) cream left over from last year and I really do think it makes a difference when used on the face.
Its awful at the mo isnt it, our boys are sleeping out tonight instead as it was just so bad today we had to bring them in!

_daisy_

Visit site
this year ive found that Leovet Power Phazer is working really well. Quite expensive if youve got more than one horse to spray but well worth it.

Louby

Visit site
The Leovet stinks but it seems to work. Only problem I had was my boy came out in lumps with the spray but seems ok with the cream. He isnt a sensitive type either.

_daisy_

Visit site
it is vile isnt it- mum refuses to put it on her pony - i have to do it behind her back!!
ive not seen the cream - is it in a white tub with the red/black label? ill have to keep an eye out for it.
Havent had any reactions to it even though Chantin is very thin skinned. I expect everything to go wrong with her, so was very surprised when she didnt come out in lumps - saying that though we had a couple of days of awful weather and shes got mudfever already!

Louby

Visit site
Ive not seen the cream this year, its more of a lotion...sorry. Its in a tall round plastic bottle with a red screw on top.

flyingfeet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Barrier Hygeine Enhanced Formula - I have used this for the last 9 years - Its fairly expensive but great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that - I am using Enhanced formula on the sore bits and Super Plus on the non-sweet itch ones

It doesn't last more than 6 hours, but does immediately get rid of all flies.

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I make my own.I use 1.5ltr of cold stewed tea(5 teabags)
10ml bottle of Citronella
500ml of Vinegar put it all into a 2 ltr bottle and pour into a spray bottle as and when needed.The lot costs about a £1.00
grin.gif
And it works brilliantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it does work well, I used her recipe and now lots of the other liveries do as well

Claireg9

Visit site
ive made my own with the exact same recipe accept we added peppermint oil too!
Its the best we've had, but i am losing faith in fly sprays, the other thing is unless your there to keep applying every two hours it seems to wear off to quickly!