Does anyone know the difference in sizing on Wintec saddles?

HaffiesRock

Visit site
What I mean is the width of the wide or x wide in a regular model, compared to the wide model saddle. Is it the same, just the saddle shape is slightly different?

That doesnt really make sense does it! If I use a gauge and pony comes out as wide or x wide, should I go for the gp in wide or x wide or the same size in the specific wide saddle? I'm confused and cannot find an answer :confused:

Thanks

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Thank you.

So if the gauge goes above x wide, then its the wide saddle that's needed.

I haven't measured my pony yet and I will be getting a fitter to fit it, just wondering which model. Ill measure him and see.

Thanks

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
The normal Wintec saddles go from narrow to extra wide. The Wintec Wide /Cob saddle comes with xxw, xxxw and xxxw gullets. You can also use the white (extra wide) and red (wide) gullets from the standard Wintecs in the Wintec Wide/Cob saddle.

rema

Visit site
Yes i would say if your pony goes off the gauge of a Wintec then you would probably need a Wintec Wide but as the other poster said you can use the Wide (Red) and the X wide (White) gullets in them.So if your pony loses alot of weight then you will still have the gullets to fit.

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Ha ha. Sooooooooo, if he comes in at a wide - x wide which I think he will. Would you suggest I get the wide version so there is room to go wider, or if he is just wide, the regular version? I am confusing myself tonight! x

rema

Visit site
Haha..If your pony is at an ideal weight and comes in a wide (Red) then you could get away wide a regular Wintec as you would still have the X wide gullet.. But if at a ideal weight but comes off the gauge then a Wintec Wide as you would still have the Wide and X Wide but also the three bigger gullets.

Suzie G

Visit site
But....just to throw a spanner in the works.
We're using a borrowed normal winter saddle with an extra wide gullet but it's a few years old, we went to buy a new 1 and none of them fit as apparently wintec changed them slightly and where the cair panels meet in the middle is too thick now although he still measures an extra wide gullet.

Hope yours fits as we are struggling to get anything.

the watcher

Visit site
the other thing to take into account is that although on a standard Wintec you can change the gullet size, the centre channel and pads will always be about a medium fit. On the Wide option they are slightly wider and flatter

Suzie G

Visit site
Yep, know what you mean. I was looking forward to buying a new saddle, now it's a nightmare. Had 2 saddle fitters now, the 1st one didn't have anything to fit and the 2 nd one came to the yard, found a saddle with a tree shape that fit, said he would go away and get colour and style we wanted and I'm still waiting for him to get back in touch, even tho he said he would phone me the following day.
Good luck with yours.

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Its just a nightmare! My saddle fitter doesnt have anything suitable in so In sending her some templates of his back but she recommended the Thorowgood saddles which I dont really like.

Might just ride bareback! x