does anyone make a travel rug with mesh front & sides, just the back covered really?

kerilli

Visit site
i have to travel mine either unrugged or with rugs folded right back and up, and secured, and as the flipping mice have somehow got at and eaten my lovely vintage wool travel roller, and a new one will apparently set me back £91+, i'm looking at alternatives.
I want something covering their back so they don't get a chill, but basically a light but strong mesh would do for the rest of the rug.
Any suggestions much appreciated. If not, there is a gap in the market imho.

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
mmm the only thing I can think of is one of the summer cottons that have the mesh sides and cotton back. But that might not be warm enough for what you want.
Or erm Zilco do a summer rainsheet with mesh sides like ^ but waterproof top. That might be warmer?
this: http://www.ascotsaddlery.com.au/product_details.php?prodID=335&SubcatId=19 I have seen a rug only version.

I certainly have never seen anything like it with a wool/fleece top.

Last edited:

Llanali

Visit site

bounce

Visit site
I have a half fleece half mesh rug, bought it from equestrian clearance some time ago. The back is all fleece and then about half way down the side it turns to mesh. Very handy rug and it was very cheap. Although it is not completely mesh at the front which I guess is what you are after.

wench

Visit site
I think the ones described above are Masta ones? I bet if you look on ebay, or similar there will be one available. IIRC Mark Todd also did one.

ihatework

Visit site
Weatherbeeta do a couple of options I think.

One is the Koolcoat (airflow or similar) - it's actually a summer turnout/fly sheet but no reason why it couldn't be used for travelling - aside from traveling they are brilliant summer rugs

The also from memory do a mesh cooler that has a thin fleece lining over the back

Freddie19

Visit site
Give Horseware in Dundalk a ring, or email them, if they don't make one now, they would probably make one up to your design, and if Tom thinks it is a good design he will make hundreds!!

kerilli

Visit site

Vickijay

Visit site
I've got one exactly like you describe. Its fleece along the back, maybe 1/3 of the way down from the top and fine mesh down the sides. Can look what make it is tomorrow if you like?

One of mine gets so hot when travelling and it's ideal when he's fully clipped out and it's chilly

cronkmooar

Visit site
I have had couple of the weatherbeta fleece and mesh rugs for about 3 years and would totally recommend them - excellent for travelling - and cheap too.

One word of warning my friend has one and tumble dried it and it shrunk about 1 full size so if you are going to need to tumble it get a size bigger:D

They are true to size

Hyperdrug the on line pharmacy did them quite reasonably IIR

ETA I have the one in the link in the post above