Does anyone understand polish?????

loveacob

Visit site
I have just purchased a Polish horse but am totally unsure how old he is. He was sold to me as a seven yr old but his teeth belie this. The date of birth is nieznana and his breed is typ szlachetny. I would appreciate any help in establishing his age and breed. Thank you.
confused.gif

pocomoto

Visit site
well TYP is TYPE; MODEL
and as above szlachetny= Noble and is used in the dictionary to descibe precious metal but no mention of it as a breed so may well be TB! but I can't find nieznana in translation anywhere.

loveacob

Visit site
Hi, I would appreciate it if anyone could find out what niezana means as that is his date of birth (I assume it is only the year) I think that the reason we can't find a translation for this is because it is numbers. I doubt very much that he is TB as he is on the heavy side, but not as heavy as a draft horse. Szlachetny could have somethig to do with his colour, he is a chestnut, supposed to be liver but he is more a copper colour. Although in the colour section of his passport it has kasztanowata. He is very thin and has only been here since the end of last year and has the most amazing temperament. The reason I need to know his age is that I think he is a lot younger than 7 yrs. I really hope someone can throw some light onto this.

loveacob

Visit site
Oh I see. Sorry I didn't understand what you were talking about. I am not sure if there are any Poles in my little town but I will cerainly try. Thanx

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
Ok I have spoken to the Polish lad on the Yard who told me how to pronounce the words correctly but didnt know the english. When he did his hand waving to describe something it looked like he was drawing a heart shape in the air and I thought oh my gosh he loves me but instead he went off to his caravan and came back with his dictionary.
Now the bad news:
Date of Birth Nieznana = Unknown
Type szlachetny = noble so I dont know what help we can be.

D

Donkeymad

[ QUOTE ]
You need to take your passport to your nearest bus stop and ask the bus driver, or macdonalds, or a hotel....
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the customer my hubby had yesterday who couldn't speak English and accused my hubby of not being able to speak english!! (yes, the guy was Polish)
I did suspect that Nieznana meant not known

plough0_0

Visit site
Hi , just too add , got my lad from poland almost exactly two years ago . He too was really laid back with really nice manners.........It didn't last he is now a complete horror who thinks we are just on this earth to cater for his every need!

Minnies_Mum

Visit site
I guess if date of birth is unknown, you can always get your vet to have a look at his teeth. Not 100% accurate, I know, but it's better the younger they are and should be able to tell you whether he's younger than 7.