Does anyone use the Barry Swain/Kay Humphries saddles?

milliepup

Visit site
I just wondered whether anyone uses the semi flex saddles as interested to hear whether you think they are good or bad.
Have heard both good and bad about them so wanted some more info before looking into further as they are very expensive.
Thx

spaniel

Visit site
I have a BS saddle. Its not a KH one but made much earlier. The saddle is fabulous and its my intention to have it taken apart and the new semi flex put in. I honestly dont know if the KH ones would be better though. You need to find someone who can lend you one to ride in before shelling out all that cash! i have a friend who rides in one and she swears by it.

budatiger

Visit site
I have a semiflex for one horse who is asymmetric and was exhibiting discomfort in several off the peg saddles. He loves it, I love it and best of all the width can be altered. Found BS and his team to be very helpful, if not slightly quirky....so much so that I have just acquired another saddle from them for my other horse!
I would call him up and find out if you could try one for a bit.

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I only use KH/BS saddles, I have 8 saddles, and 4 very comfortable horses. Non of them are the Semi flex but I have been using them for about 15 years on a variety of horses. I love them

kezimac

Visit site
I have a heather moffett/barrie swain saddle and its fab - it has the holisitic tree (the one prior to the semiflex) - i previously have had KH/BS holistic saddle and it too was fab.
I used to have my horse in treeless but decided she needed more support and BS seemed the perfect in between treed/treeless as the tree flexes

SmartieBean09

Visit site
I dont use this saddle but my instructor does. We both have Kay Humphries come out and fit out saddles (She is a lovely, lovely lady). I use a Saddle Company Saddle which Kay Humphries sells and fits, only because I didnt have the money for one of her gorgeous saddles!

My instructor however uses her saddles on her competition horses and will not use anything else. They are her pride and joy and I must admit, they look sooooo comfey!

katylee

Visit site
amazing love them! have used one semiflex dressage on 3 horses young and old jumped and hacked in it. i love it!
also have 2 normal ones.