Does anyone want a Peacock???

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Seriously does anyone want a Peacock?

About 2 weeks ago a Peacock turned up in my Mums garden and has been there ever since. She is totally terrified of birds, will not go out in her garden and has tried everything she can think of to find its owner including putting an advert/appeal thing on the local radio station. She has driven miles too local possible houses but to no avail.

Mum has rung the rspca, rspb, the local zoo, and everyone else she can think of and no one can help her, she is totally at her wits end as she can not go in her garden. She knows that it won't hurt her but she has a phobia about birds and is terrified.

If you know of anyone who would like a Peacock and is willing to come and collect it please give me a shout!! Mum lives in the Essex/Suffolk border, 5 mins from the A12, really easy to get too.

If you don't want it but can offer any suggestions please fire away!!

Thanks xx

_daisy_

Visit site
peacock stew?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
LOL Mum has already had someone offer to shoot it but she can't do that!!! She thinks it is very beautiful and wants it to have a good home......just not in her garden!!!

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
peacock stew?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lovely
grin.gif

Seriously the stately pile near me has peacocks and I am sure another one wouldn't be noticed..however we are quite some way from you. I am sure there must be a country estate near you that has some and wouldn't mind another

_daisy_

Visit site
can completely understand her - there are some near our yard and they make a bloody noise when they set of sqawking or whatever they do - lovely to look at but damn annoying

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
The Watcher - didn't give that a thought, thats a good idea

Happy Bird - I've pm'd you

My Mum is a lurker on here so no doubt she will see the post in the morning (got myself into trouble loads of times when I havn't told her Cropi's dumped me and she then reads it on here!!!)

I'm sure she will give all suggestions a go
grin.gif

RLF

Visit site
certainly don't want a peacock, there are 3 on my yard, and i just want to strangle the noisy b*****ds

ann-jen

Visit site
Heehee - the exact same thing happened to me about 8 years ago! At the time I lived in work accommodation in a little terraced mining house and a peacock took up residence on my extension roof. It looked a bit pretensious having him sit there, but he wouldn't budge. I rang all the same people as your mum and noone was interested - the RSPCA even tried to fob me off telling me it was a native bird of the UK and it would fly off - I think they thought it was a pheasant or something? I spoke to our local RSPCA inspector who basically just shrugged his shoulders and wasn't interested. I found out my next door neighbour - although terrified of it - was feeding it and hence it was reluctant to move on but once she stopped feeding it, it moved on to another street. The people in that street had the sense to ring the local paper who took photos of it and then all of a sudden the RSPCA were interested and caught it and took it to a stately home nearby. Apparently its quite common for them to stray at this time of year as its their breeding season but they do make a racket!

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
The short answer is NO! We are in the same situation! Ours just arrived one day and has stayed with us ever since. He's a complete pain in the proverbial and leaves enormous great presents all over the yard
mad.gif

I keep hoping that someone will run the bloody thing over
smile.gif

jinglejoys

Visit site
I suggest you adopt the darn thing and then it will move out! They bother everyone else except the owner that's why people don't mind keeping them
grin.gif

Peacocks are a bird that cover large ranges why people keep them in this country I've no idea if they won't eat the darn things!

sarah07

Visit site
We had the same thing happen about a month ago, a peacock turned up at our stables and has since stayed, the yard owner has chickens and it has taken up residence with them, but has also been spotted living in one of our fields with the horses!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Not yet, its still there!! I am at a different client today and one of the girls - dads - friends loves peacocks (he obviously hasn't had one yet!!) so we are waiting for a phone call back to see if he is interested.

The RSPCA told my mum that Peacocks are native too and have a large 'colony' about 25 miles from us
confused.gif

It does look very pretty but better suited to a stately home!!

Its still open to offers!!!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not yet, its still there!! I am at a different client today and one of the girls - dads - friends loves peacocks (he obviously hasn't had one yet!!) so we are waiting for a phone call back to see if he is interested.

The RSPCA told my mum that Peacocks are native too and have a large 'colony' about 25 miles from us
confused.gif

It does look very pretty but better suited to a stately home!!

Its still open to offers!!!

[/ QUOTE ]Ohhhhhhh OH's dad wants one... to add to his Zoo!!

Well will run it by him and if you still hav eit - he may have a new home!!
wink.gif